How to Prepare for RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude 2017: The Reserve Bank of India, also known as RBI, has officially released 161 vacancies for the post of Officer Grade ‘B’ in various departments. This year, RBI Grade B examination process will commence in the month of June. The written examination will be held throughout the country at various exam centres in an online Computer-Based Test (CBT) format.
In order to secure good marks and qualify in RBI Grade B 2017, here is a proper study plan on how to crack RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude section.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2017
The RBI grade B examination consists of a 3 tier process: Phase I examination, Phase II examination and Interview. Candidates need to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. The exam pattern for RBI grade B phase I examination is given below:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
In the quant section of RBI Grade B Prelims, there are 30 questions, carrying one mark each.
The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages. Head over to the section below on how to prepare for quantitative aptitude section.
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude Section in RBI Grade B 2017 Examination
For RBI grade B Examination, the quant section has garnered a mixed reaction from the candidates over the years. The level of difficulty ranges between Easy to Moderate, with a number of confusing questions. The topic-wise distribution of questions is as follows.
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation (DI)||10|
|Misc. (SI & CI, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Speed & Distance, Mixtures, Percentage etc.)||10|
Hence, we can clearly see that DI Questions cover almost 33% of the entire quant weightage. Number Series & Data Sufficiency questions also cover a major portion of the section.
Here are a few tips on how to solve the quant section of RBI Grade B Prelims in the most efficient way possible.
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
To improve your chances of cracking RBI Grade B Prelims 2017, go through these preparation tips for RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- Strengthen your basics: Solving any type of quant-based problem involves a proper understanding of how the system works. You need to know the root of the problem in order to begin the solving process.
- Memorise short tricks, tables, fractions: You will probably have less than 2-3 minutes to solve any type of question. Make sure you don’t waste that in excess calculating or taking a longer route. Try and memorise tables upto 20, squares and cubes upto 30 and conversion values of commonly used fraction to decimal and vice versa. Knowing this while solving arithmetic based problems will definitely boost your speed in the paper.
- Solve Previous Years Papers: A number of questions as well as questions types can be deduced based on last years question papers of SSC CPO. Make sure you attempt them atleast once.
- Devise a step-by-step approach for DI Questions: Since we know that DI will carry a huge weightage in RBI Grade B Prelims, avoid any short techniques in this. Study the graph/ table/ chart carefully and pay attention to all the details. Compare the solution with the given options with caution, sometimes options are almost the same or nearby.
- Battling with Tough/ Long Questions: Each question carries the same mark in all the sections. Keep this in mind when you waste excess time on a relatively hard question, which can be skipped for an easier, solvable one.
Here, we conclude our article on How to Prepare for RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding RBI Grade B Examination.