How to Prepare for RBI Grade B Reasoning Section 2017: The Reserve Bank of India, also known as RBI, has officially released 161 vacancies for the post of Officer Grade ‘B’ in various departments. This year, RBI Grade B examination process will commence in the month of June. The written examination will be held throughout the country at various exam centres in an online Computer-Based Test (CBT) format.
As the exam is nearly a few days away, it is time for the candidates to start the preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in RBI Grade B 2017, here is a proper study plan on how to crack RBI Grade B Reasoning section.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2017
Selection will be through Online Examinations and interview. Examinations will be held in two phases. Given below is the exam pattern of Phase-I
The Pattern of the Phase-I examination is as follows:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- The Phase-I Online Test will carry 200 marks.
- All the questions in the test will be objective type.
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as in aggregate, as may be prescribed by the Board.
How to Prepare for RBI Grade B Reasoning Section 2017
Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in Phase-I.
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Seating Arrangement (Circular and Inward Outward) Relation based||20|
|Miscellaneous Questions (Alphabet Sequence, Decision Making, Direction Sense, Blood relation, order and ranking)||5|
|Logical / Analytical Reasoning||10|
From the above data, we can conclude that most of the topics of Reasoning Ability were difficult in nature. Thus, you should prepare extensively for this particular section. Now, lets head to the tips & tricks and Exam strategy of how to prepare for reasoning ability for RBI grade B exam.
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Sitting Arrangements (Circular/Linear/Square)
- Blood Relations
- Direction sense
- Order and Ranking
- Coding – Decoding
- Analytical Reasoning
Preparation Tips and Strategy for RBI Grade B Reasoning Ability
These key points will help you achieve better score in RBI Grade B Reasoning section Paper I examination.
1. Create a Priority List
You need a list. As we have provided important topics for RBI Grade B Reasoning Section, you can make a list of the crucial topics and start solving questions based on those.
2. Initially, Concentrate on Concepts
Yes, speed plays an extremely important role in RBI Grade B Examination. But what if you are new to the concept altogether? You need to understand the basics first. Speed and Accuracy gets built over time and you need to practice a lot first.
4. Special Attention towards seating arrangement topic
Yes, you need to work extra for seating arrangement Questions. The number of questions from this topic just keep on climbing every year and you can easily crack these questions, provided you have practised enough.
5. Analyse your Performance Regularly
All your efforts, preparation and study tips will amount to nothing if you haven’t revised them regularly. Analysing and Examining your performance helps you know which areas you need to work upon. Hence, make sure you mark your level of preparation in a performance sheet and understand how much effort you need to put in further.
Overall Preparation Tips
- Do not try to attempt every question. Do not waste time on a single question.
- Attempt easier questions first, try to start with your favourite topic.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- A single Question that seems to be unsolvable within 1 min is of no use. Do not stick to a particular question. Do not try a question more than two times. It will definitely kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the level of exam is high. Overall cut off will be published in accordance to the level of the exam.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for RBI Grade B Reasoning Section 2017. If you are preparing for Bank exam, here are our recommended products.