How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting IBPS RRB Officer Scale I recruitment exam on 9, 10 and 16 September 2017. It is essential for the candidates to crack both prelims and mains examination to get recruited as Scale I Officer for various RRBs.
Studying for the IBPS exam can be a difficult task. In order to secure good marks, we are sharing some tips on How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1. This article will highlight the types of questions, the crucial topics which require more practice and preparation tips for Reasoning Section in IBPS RRB Officer Exam.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam Pattern
Before going towards the core i.e how to prepare reasoning section, it is essential to get acquainted with the exam pattern. Similar to most bank examinations, the exam pattern for IBPS RRB Prelims 2017 will be objective MCQ based. There will be 2 sections – Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude, with 40 questions each.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in total, 40 from each section.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. Hence, the total score will be 80.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The total time will be 45 minutes.
After the declaration of IBPS RRB Result for Preliminary Examination, a merit list will be prepared for all the shortlisted candidates for the Mains Examination for Officer Scale I Post.
How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017
One’s presence of mind is more than sufficient to solve reasoning problems and one can score very heavily in this section by having a strategy in place resulting in achieving the overall cutoff for the exam.
Previous Year Questions Data
|Topic Name||Number of Questions|
|Direction Sense Test||2|
|Coding & Decoding||5|
Based on the previous year analysis, most of the topics of Reasoning Ability were difficult in nature. Thus, you should prepare extensively for this particular section. Now, let’s head to the tips & tricks and Exam strategy on How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Insufficiency
- Odd Figures
- Decision Making
- Input output
- Assertion and reason
- Statement and arguments
- Figure Series
- Statement and assumptions
- Word formation
- Statement and Conclusions
- Statement and action’s courses
- Passage and Conclusions
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017
The IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics.
If one is not very comfortable with Quantitative Aptitude, more time can be allotted to this section and the overall score can be improved. Let us now go through some of the important topics of reasoning ability section
Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a round table “facing towards the center of the table’, “Facing away from the center of the table” and a combination of both. You need the practice to solve such questions. However, ‘facing towards the center of the table’ questions are more likely to come in Prelims examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyse the total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
- Coding and Decoding carry significant weightage in bank exams.
- To solve questions based on Coding and Decoding you need to observe alphabets or numbers given in the question. The more prepared you are, the better will be your score.
- These questions are generally easy but time consuming because candidates take lots of time in understanding the logic of the question.
- This can be solved by regular practice and solving mock test papers on this topic. Based on the last year pattern, around 3 questions were asked from Data Sufficiency.
Questions based on syllogism are totally based upon Logic. To ensure a better score in this section, you can use the following techniques.
- Venn Diagrams are the best and the quickest way to solve such type of questions easily. However, sometimes a questions can have a lot of Venn diagrams.
- In this case, one should draw the easiest figure in order to solve the question in the minimum amount of time.
- Practice as much as you can to understand the various types of Syllogism Questions.
- In questions based on Analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives given.
- The Analogy Reasoning Questions are both verbal as well as non verbal.However, there is a very less chance that this exam will contain Non-verbal analogy questions. In verbal questions a relationship is given and you have to find out similar relationship from the given alternatives.
- Try to solve inequalities topic questions in a less time so that you can utilize more time to other sections.
- As of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1, it is expected that these questions will come in a coded manner (A@B$C*D) instead of normal form (say A>B<C>D).
- Aspirants should practice this topic efficiently as it will help them to score more in less time.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017. You must now focus on your preparation and work hard towards achieving your goal. We will keep you posted on more updates.