How to Prepare for SBI PO Reasoning 2017: The State Bank of India will commence the SBI PO Recruitment process in the month of April. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination, if he/she wants to work as a Bank PO in State Bank of India.
According to the official notification, the total number of vacancies amount to 2403 for the upcoming year. To acquaint yourself with the important information regarding the exam dates, eligibility criteria etc., head on this link.
In this article, our primary focus will be on How to Prepare for SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section 2017 and qualify for the next level, SBI PO Mains Examination. You can also read our previous articles on Numerical Ability and English Language Preparation Tips.
We will be providing important pointers about the Prelims Exam first. So, let us begin by understanding the exam pattern for SBI PO Prelims 2017, followed by Tips to crack SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 (Prelims)
The Preliminary Examination for SBI PO will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to SBI PO Prelims 2017 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Shortlisted candidates for each category, meeting the specified requirements set by SBI, will only be allowed to appear for the SBI PO mains examination.
How to Prepare for SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section 2017
Here, we set the record straight. This article on ‘How to prepare for Reasoning Ability for SBI PO’ focuses primarily on how we can help SBI aspirants in identifying best preparation tips and techniques which help them in cracking SBI PO Exam.
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for SBI PO Reasoning Ability 2017.
Focus on topics that are Easy to Handle
The SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics.
The following topics in SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips.
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Order and Ranking Problems
These questions give the most accurate answers in the least time, provided you have given them time while preparing for SBI PO Exam.
If one is not very comfortable with Quantitative Aptitude, more time can be allotted to this section and the overall score can be improved.
Dedicate Preparation Time for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in SBI PO Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a round table “facing towards the centre of the table’, “Facing away from the centre of the table” and a combination of both. You need practice to solve such questions. However, ‘facing towards the centre of the table’ questions are more likely to come in SBI PO Prelims examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyse total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
Identifying Patterns in Input-Output & Order based Problems
Try to observe as many patterns as you can see while practising Input-Output problems. One should be able to predict the patterns based on the previously solved questions. Hence, maintaining a diary containing short notes on identified patterns might help.
- Pattern in Alphabetical orders (vowels and consonants, letters from staring and end etc.)
- Pattern in case of numerical values (even-odd, prime and composite, multiples etc.)
If you cannot identify the pattern in less than 2 minutes, please leave the question and proceed further. However, there is a very less chance that SBI PO Prelims exam will contain Input Output Section.
Solving Statement-based Questions
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these.
One can never be 100% sure, but practising these will certainly reduce error in your judgement, which brings us to our final part.
Previous Years Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
This goes for every recruitment examination and applies everywhere.
You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the previous years papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
A complete analysis will help you understand where you actually stand. Hence, with the analysis in mind, proceed further and solve SBI PO Mock Tests and further strengthen your hold not only in SBI PO Reasoning section but the entire paper.