How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning Ability Section 2017: SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year to recruit candidates in various government positions. SSC CGL is one of the most popular recruitment examinations of the country, with millions of candidates appearing every year. This year SSC will be conducting CGL exam in the month of August.
Studying for the SSC CGL exam can be a difficult task. In order to secure good marks, we are sharing some tips on How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability in SSC CGL 2017. This article will highlight the types of questions asked in Reasoning and General Ability Test, the crucial topics which require more practice and preparation tips for Reasoning Section in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Examination.
What are the Topics to be Covered for SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning Section
General Intelligence & Reasoning Section will consist of both verbal and non-verbal questions. The number of topics can be vast in this section.
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding & Decoding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched Hole/ Pattern – Folding & Unfolding
- Figural Pattern – Folding and Completion
- Address Matching
- Date & City Matching
- Classification of Centre Codes/ Roll Numbers
- Small & Capital Letters/ Numbers Coding
- Decoding and Classification
- Embedded Figures
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
A lot of questions can be tricky if an incorrect method is followed. Hence, a lot of practice is required for solving reasoning questions in SSC Exams.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning Ability Section 2017
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
Here we will discuss the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern. Read below for the detailed exam pattern.
SSC CGL 2017: Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 is Common for all posts. Those candidates qualify SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 will be eligible for SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Now, let’s analyze the SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning section deeply and see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
According to the previous year exam analysis, the level of reasoning section was in the range of Easy to Moderate. Maximum questions were asked from the following sections.
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Non-Verbal (Water Image)||2|
|Odd one out||2|
|Direction Sense Test||1|
|Series (Number/Alpha Numeric)||8-10|
|Puzzle /Statement Conclusion||3-5|
The Reasoning Section can be distinctly divided into 3 parts.
- Usual Reasoning
- Visual /Non-Verbal Reasoning
- High-Level Reasoning
Questions based on usual reasoning are highest, followed by Visual/ Non-Verbal reasoning and High-Level Reasoning. Here is the topic-wise info of SSC CGL 2017 Reasoning and General Intelligence Section.
Usual Reasoning: The topics under this category are Series (Numeric and Alphabetic), Directions, Ranks, Arrangement, Alphabet & Dictionary, Coding-Decoding, Analogy and Classification/Odd Pair.
Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning: The topics under this category are Rule Detection, Triangle, Dices, Figure Formation, Completion of Pattern, Hidden/Embedded, Images, Paper Folding, Mirror Image and Figure Matrix.
High-Level Reasoning: The topics under this category are Syllogisms and Statement Conclusion.
Our insights on the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination for Reasoning Section are as follows.
- Approximately 60% of Reasoning Ability Section will consist of usual reasoning and General Reasoning questions.
- Unlike bank and other Government Recruitment, a good number of Non-Verbal Reasoning Questions will also be there.
You need to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 2017 in accordance with the preference and importance of the topics. Only then you will be able to score better and crack SSC CGL Examination.
Important Tips for SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning Ability Preparation
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for Reasoning Ability section for SSC CGL Tier I exam.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Lastly, do not forget to revise the topics which you have learned throughout the week
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning section. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2017.
To excel in SSC CGL Examination, Download the Best SSC CGL Exam Preparation App for free.