How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language 2017: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination to recruit candidates in various government positions every year. The SSC CGL Tier 1 examination was successfully conducted through the dates of 5 August to 24 August 2017. In this article, we will be guiding SSC candidates on how to prepare for the SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language section.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 Result 2017 will be declared in the next few days. However, you should start preparing for the second phase of the recruitment examination right away to gain the extra edge over other aspirants.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2017
Similar to SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam, SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be objective in nature. The exam will be conducted online and medium will be English/ Hindi.
|Name of the Paper||Questions||Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
The SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language section comprises of 200 questions carrying one mark each. The total time to solve the English Language paper is 2 hours. However, the difficulty level is higher than that of Tier I. Also, the candidates must note that for every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Now, let’s analyze the SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language section deeply and see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language 2017
The SSC CGL tier 2 English language paper is taken in order to test a candidate’s understanding and hold over the language. One can easily score good marks in SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language section if one’s basic concepts are clear.
But you must never forget that this is one subject that demands regular practice. To excel in this language, one needs to be in constant touch. We have compiled the following table on topic-wise breakup and the number of questions that were asked in previous year papers of SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language section:
|Name of the Subjects||2010||2011||2012||2013||2013(Re)||2014||2015||2016|
|Idioms and Phrases||10||5||10||10||10||10||10||3|
From the above table, we can conclude that Grammar section requires to be at the top of the priority list.
The English Language considered as one of the most important sections of the Competition Exams but it is also considered as the most scoring section. Scoring in this section is not as easy as you really need to do hard preparation.
Here we are providing some tips for preparing English for staff selection commission:
1. First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules, after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
2. For the smart preparation of SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
3. English Section in SSC CGL Tier I judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English, read Newspapers (The Hindu and Economic Times) and Books on Grammar.
4. You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from the newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you build your own lexicon of essential words.
5. Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. The revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC CGL English Language Section.
6. It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
7. Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC CGL English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
8. Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
9. As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
10. Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC CGL, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
We hope all these preparation tips will prove beneficial for the upcoming SSC CGL Examination. If there any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section below.