SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination to recruit candidates in various government positions every year. The SSC CGL Tier 1 examination was successfully conducted through the dates of 5 August to 24 August 2017.
However, you should start preparing for the second phase of the recruitment examination right away to gain the extra edge over other aspirants. In this article, we will be guiding SSC candidates on how to prepare for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude section.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2017
Similar to SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam, SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be objective in nature. The exam will be conducted online and medium will be English/ Hindi. There will be a total of 500 questions on following subjects:
|Name of the Paper||Questions||Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
The SSC CGL Tier 2 quantitative aptitude section comprises of 100 questions carrying two marks each. The total time to solve the quantitative aptitude paper is 2 hours. However, the difficulty level is higher than that of Tier I. Also, the candidates must note that for every incorrect answer 0.50 marks will be deducted.
Now, let’s analyze the SSC CGL Tier 2 quantitative aptitude section deeply and see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude 2017
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude is one of the toughest sections but it still remains the most scoring one. However, SSC aspirants need to remember that scoring in this section is not as easy as it sounds and requires serious labour.
First step towards SSC CGL Tier II preparation is knowing what to prepare. Here is a comprehensive overview at the important topics for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude Section 2017.
Important Topics for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude
The essential topics for Quantitative Aptitude Section of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam are as follows.
- Arithmetic: Number System, Percentage, Profit and loss, Simple interest, Compound interest, Average, Ratio, Proportion, Partnership, Mixture & Allegation, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems on Train and Problems on Boat and Stream.
- Geometry: Basics of Geometry, Triangle, Polygons, Circle, and Miscellaneous.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Pathway in a Rectangle, square Rhombus, Trapezium, Circle, Semi – Circle, Ring (shaded Region), Sector of a circle, Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Hemisphere, Frustum, Right Prism, Pyramid, and Tetrahedron.
- Data Interpretation: Basic Concept, Bar graph, Pie charts, Table charts and Line graph.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry Ratio Identities, Trigonometric values for Common angles, Sign of Trigonometric ratio, Range of Trigonometric Ratio, Range of m sinθ ± n cosθ, Value of different trigonometric series, Trigonometric ratio of multiple angles and Compound angle.
- Height and Distance: Angle of elevation, Angle of depression and Miscellaneous
So, without any further build-up, let’s have a look at some preparation tips and strategy on How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude 2017.
- In the initial stages of your preparation, avoid solving questions by shortcut methods. It’s important to be aware of all the basic theories and formulas from all the chapters. Without a clarity of basics problem solving might get difficult in Tier II.
- Always condense your study notes by creating summary notes. Highlight the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. Summary notes are a great way to aid powerful revisions.
- Planning ahead for syllabus completion is a good strategy for the exam. For SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude preparation, follow a timetable to practice important topics regularly. Devote a fixed couple of hours each day to quantitative practices.
- Remembering short tricks for solving the Quantitative Aptitude section can be a lifesaver because of limited time span for any competitive exam. Memorize and familiarize yourself with tricks that help in solving difficult questions.
- Improve the calculation power of your mind with practise. You can divide complex calculations into parts and solve it in your mind without even using paper. With constant practise you can get better at doing calculations in mind and save a lot of time in exam.
- Constant practice of the prescribed topics helps you gain perfection of the solving technique and helps you do it faster. With time every serious student is bound to get better with practise.
- Closely analyse previous years papers. Trigonometry questions have been asked more frequently since previous three-four years. Try to solve all the papers of previous years and strengthen the topics of prime importance.
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the SSC CGL Tier 2 quantitative aptitude section. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.