How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Reasoning/ General Intelligence: TThe SSC CHSL 2017 (10+2) Tier I Examination will be conducted in the month of March. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC CHSL Reasoning section.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Structure 2017
First of all, let us have a look at the structure and exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2017. The section of Reasoning Ability and General Intelligence constitutes 25% of the total score in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
Hence, you need to lay an equal amount of focus in this section.
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Reasoning/ General Intelligence
Let us understand the nature of SSC CHSL Reasoning questions and initiate accordingly. The syllabus of SSC CHSL Reasoning Section is quite massive but with proper planning and selective learning, you can easily crack SSC CHSL Exam. Let us divide SSC CHSL Reasoning section into parts:
- Usual Reasoning
- Visual /Non-Verbal Reasoning
- High-Level Reasoning
Usual Reasoning: The topics under this category are Series (Numeric and Alphabetic), Directions, Ranks, Arrangement, Alphabet & Dictionary, Coding Decoding, Analogy, and Classification/Odd Pair.
Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning: The topics under this category are Rule Detection, Triangle, Dices, Figure Formation, Completion of Pattern, Hidden/Embedded, Images, Paper Folding , Mirror Image and Figure Matrix.
High Level Reasoning: The topics under this category are Syllogisms and Statement Conclusion.
In conclusion to this data, we have created an expected list with number of questions from each topic in SSC CHSL Reasoning 2017.
|Name of the Reasoning Topic||Expected Number of Questions|
|Completion of Pattern, Hidden/Embedded Images, Paper Folding, Mirror Image, Figure Matrix, Syllogism, Statement-Derivation, Triangle , Arrangement and Conclusion||1-2|
|Directions and Figure Formation||3-4|
|Series, Alphabet & Dictionary, Coding Decoding, Analogy, Classification/Odd Pair and Rule Detection, Dices, Ranks||5-7|
Our insights on the upcoming SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination for Reasoning Section are as follows.
- Approximately 60% of SSC CHSL Reasoning Ability Section will consist of usual reasoning and General Reasoning questions.
- Unlike bank and other Government Recruitment, a good number of Non-Verbal Reasoning Questions will also be there.
SSC CHSL Reasoning Preparation Tips
We can expect a lot of candidates to be confused right now regarding where to start, what to read and how to prepare. As a result, candidates develop ample of questions in their mind when it comes to exam preparation.
How to start preparing for SSC CHSL Reasoning Section?
Which topics are most important in SSC CHSL Reasoning?
How to make a proper study plan for scoring good in all sections of SSC CHSL 2017?
Finally, let us now highlight some tips for SSC CHSL reasoning subject questions. SSC CHSL Reasoning section will be quite easier than other section. Sufficient practice and hard work in this section can make you score well and grab a lead in overall marks.
- Do not waste time on a single question. Leave the question which you are not able to solve. Meanwhile try to attempt other questions to save time and score more.
- You can tear a small piece of paper and apply given theory while solving either Folding paper or Mirror formation type questions.
- Try to practice and focus more on our upper given table on expected list of questions from each topic in SSC CHSL Reasoning 2017.
- Try to start with your favourite topic and attempt easier questions first.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- Do not stick to a particular question. Doing so will kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- SSC CHSL Reasoning section is quite easier than the other sections. Hence, candidates are adviced to practice SSC CHSL Reasoning section as much as they can to score well and grab overall lead.
Holi Offer!! Apply Coupon HOLI2018 and get 50% + 30% Additional Discount. Hurry! Offer valid till limited period
We hope this article provides you with useful information on how to prepare for SSC CHSL Reasoning/ General Intelligence. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.