How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Section 2017: The SSC CHSL 2017 (10+2) Tier I Examination will be conducted in the month of March. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC CHSL English Language section.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL (10+2) Recruitment Test is an online format exam which focuses primarily on analysing a candidate’s grasp of concepts based on Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, English Language and General Awareness.
The examination is spread out in well designed 100 Question Grid, with the same number of questions from each section. There are no sectional cut-offs, which is good but the time allotted is 60 minutes, which can be challenging to some extent. Now, let’s shift to the core of this article i.e how to start preparing for the upcoming SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Section.
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language 2017
Based on priority, we will discuss various tips on how to commence your preparation for SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Paper.
Preparation Tips for Cloze Passage
An SSC candidate with a sound understanding of English Grammar and basic sentence structuring can easily solve Cloze Passage questions in SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Section.
- Read the passage and go according to the flow.
- Cloze Test is considered to be one of the easiest questions, only if attempted properly. Though it can prove to be complicated as one error can cost you a lot of marks as all the blanks that are to be filled are inter-related.
- If you are confused or are unsure about any particular blank that you have to fill, just avoid it and go for the next one. If you are able to fill in the next blank, then you can come back to the previous one and try again by co-relating.
Preparation Tips for Vocabulary Section
The Vocabulary section may take a lot of time. Moreover, you need a lot of practice and revision to master this particular section. Don’t try to learn too much in less time, it is difficult to retain. Try to refer to various English papers and read articles from decent magazines. This will help you improve your vocab.
- Idioms and Phrases: Try to understand the meaning and decipher by referring to the vocabulary words. But a figurative meaning can be different to a logical one. So, try to understand the context. You can also map them in your mind to retain it for a long time.
- One-Word Substitution: Try to fill in all the given options and understand the meaning of the sentence and evaluate if it makes sense.
- Spelling Correction: There is no formula for this, one can only master it by constant practice. Practice with the help of mock tests and question banks regularly.
Preparation Tips for Spotting the Error
- Believe in yourself and eliminate options by reading the sentence after filling in the options mentally and asking yourself “Does this sound right?”.
Here we conclude section-wise preparation tips, now let’s move to the overall SSC CHSL Tier 1 Preparation tips.
Overall Preparation Tips for SSC CHSL Tier 1 2017
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for SSC CHSL Tier 1 English preparing for staff selection commission:
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- For the smart preparation of SSC CHSL Tier 1 Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. The revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- English Section in SSC CHSL Tier 1 especially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement in understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from newspapers, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor in every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC CHSL Tier 1, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward
We hope this article on ‘How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language 2017 helps you in cracking the upcoming Recruitment Examination.
Holi Offer!! Apply Coupon HOLI2018 and get 50% + 30% Additional Discount. Hurry! Offer valid till limited period
Here we Conclude our article. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CHSL Tier 1 2017. To excel in SSC Exams, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.