How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Section 2017: The SSC CHSL 2017 (10+2) Tier I Examination will be conducted in the month of March. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude section.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL (10+2) Recruitment Test is an online format exam which focuses primarily on analysing a candidate’s grasp over concepts based on Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, English Language and General Awareness.
The examination is spread out in well designed 100 Question Grid, with the same number of questions from each section. There are no sectional cut-offs, which is good but the time allotted is 60 minutes, which can be challenging to some extent. Now, let’s shift to the core of this article i.e how to start preparing for the upcoming SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Section.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The essential topics for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tier 1 Exam are as follows.
- Arithmetic: Number System, Percentage, Profit and loss, Simple interest, Compound interest, Average,Ratio, Proportion, Partnership, Mixture & Allegation, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems on Train and Problems on Boat and Stream.
- Geometry: Basics of Geometry, Triangle, Polygons, Circle and Miscellaneous.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Pathway in a Rectangle, square Rhombus, Trapezium, Circle, Semi – Circle, Ring (shaded Region), Sector of a circle, Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Hemisphere, Frustum, Right Prism, Pyramid and Tetrahedron.
- Data Interpretation: Basic Concept, Bar graph, Pie charts, Table charts and Line graph.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry Ratio Identities, Trigonometric values for Common angles, Sign of Trigonometric ratio, Range of Trigonometric Ratio, Range of m sinθ ± n cosθ, Value of different trigonometric series, Trigonometric ratio of multiple angles and Compound angle.
- Height and Distance: Angle of elevation, Angle of depression and Miscellaneous
Now that you know about exam syllabus and topics essential towards Quant Preparation, let us know about the important preparation tips on How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude 2017. Pay attention to each point of these preparation tips.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over Quantitative Aptitude Section.
Formulas and Tables
A lot of formulas and tables are present in solving aptitude questions. These questions also involve lengthy calculations. So, to accentuate your speed and save time, practice a lot of shortcut techniques and use them while solving questions.
Holi Offer!! Apply Coupon HOLI2018 and get 50% + 30% Additional Discount. Hurry! Offer valid till limited period
Try to memorize formulae, tables, common conversions, squares and cubes to escalate your promptness to solve. This is the best technique to help you prepare for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude.
Stick to the Clock
This is a very specific query. How to solve questions involving calculations? As we have stated above, learning shortcut methods like memorizing squares, cubes and common fraction to decimals can be great on such questions.
But, if there is a chance that error can occur, you may skip such questions and devote that time towards solving questions from other topics. Remember, the question to time ratio is less than 1.
Regularly Solve Mock Tests
This will help you to be aware of the pattern and structure of the exam. Always follow a systematic approach.
Solve questions topic-wise and then try to attempt the paper in one go. Also, time your tests and towards the end evaluate your performance, analyze the areas which need more practice and work accordingly. By the end of this, you will know where you stand and how hard you need to work to achieve your goal.
Stay calm and composed at all times and don’t panic. It will only make matters worse for you. Always study with a positive attitude which will help you to retain and recall all that you have learned over the period of time.
Even if you are not good at a particular topic, instead of worrying and getting stressed, try to work on it. Also, don’t neglect your health and try to take out some time to meditate or exercise as a healthy mind only resides in a healthy body.
We hope that this article was capable of helping you and guiding you to prepare efficiently for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude section. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC CHSL Examination, download the Best SSC CHSL Exam Preparation App for free.