SSC JE General Awareness Section: Staff Selection Commission will conduct its online examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various government organisations. SSC conducts a Junior Engineer recruitment examination every year in which lakhs compete for multiple posts.
The Recruitment Examination for SSC JE 2021 will be an All India Open Competitive Examination to hire candidates for the post of Junior Engineer in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Contract etc. Many of the candidates have started preparing for SSC JE Exam 2021.
Students preparing for the exam must have doubts and queries regarding the SSC JE General Awareness Section. Therefore, we will be providing the SSC JE General Awareness Syllabus and Preparation Tips in this article to assist aspirants in their preparation.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
Before we move to the General awareness section, let us take an overview of the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021. Candidates must follow the latest exam pattern and syllabus to score higher marks in the exam. The details of the exam pattern are released in the SSC JE Official Notification. Candidates check below to have a quick understanding of the exam pattern.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021- Paper I
The SSC JE 2021 Paper I is an objective exam with multiple-choice questions carrying 200 marks. The exam will be conducted online in a computer-based test. The total duration of the paper will be 2 hours.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or
Part B- General Engineering (Electrical) or
Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
- In the General Engineering section, candidates can choose any of the Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering options based on their academics.
- Candidates passing the SSC JE Paper I will qualify for the subsequent round of the recruitment process.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021- Paper II
The Paper-II of SSC JE 2021 consists of subjective questions carrying a total of 300 marks. The candidates will have to choose subjects/sections as per their area of interest in this paper.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Engineering(Civil & Structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)|
- There will be three subjects- Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering in Paper-II of the SSC JE exam. The candidates will have to appear for only one.
- The total duration of Paper-II will be 2 hours.
- Candidates can bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II.
- Candidates clearing the SSC JE 2021 Paper-II will be eligible for the merit listing.
We hope the above-mentioned information helps you gain valuable insight into the SSC JE Exam Pattern. Now let’s shift our focus to the SSC JE General Awareness preparation section.
SSC JE General Awareness Syllabus
The Section tests the general awareness of candidates- the current affairs and their application to the candidate and the society. The section can be scoring for candidates who have a sound understanding and knowledge of national and international affairs. Thus it is imperative to prepare well for the SSC JE General Awareness.
The General Awareness Section in SSC JE is tougher as compared to the Banking and Insurance Exams. In prominent Banking and Insurance Exams, General Awareness Section is more focused on Current Affairs whereas, in the above-mentioned SSC JE, more questions will be based on Static General Knowledge.
In SSC JE 2021, there will be 50 questions of 1 mark each from the following topics:
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
There are almost 5-6 questions from each topic mentioned above except the miscellaneous section. General Science is expected to have 10-15 questions, with Biology being central.
SSC JE General Awareness: History
Indian History Topics are important for any SSC JE examination. It is very rare that questions from World History have been asked, so there is no need to waste time on World History. Instead, concentrate on Indian History.
SSC JE General Awareness: Geography
There are two parts of Geography from where the questions are asked in the exam; these are – Indian Geography and Physical Geography. For covering basics, NCERT Books of Class XI and XII will be sufficient.
If you wish to cover more ground, we suggest you attempt the below given free mock test to know the type of questions asked in SSC JE General Awareness Paper 1 Exams.
SSC JE General Awareness: Polity
Again, Read NCERT Books of Class VIII to X for Polity, as it will cover most of the topics asked under the Polity section.
SSC JE General Awareness: Economy
The economy also contains 2 parts – the Indian Economy and Economics. Indian Economy is the study of the Indian Economics system, and Economics further comprises two topics: Macroeconomics and Microeconomics.
SSC JE General Awareness: Miscellaneous
The Miscellaneous Section may contain various topics like Current affairs, Computer Knowledge, Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Persons and Places in News, Abbreviations, Etc.
Only a limited set of questions are asked from current affairs. So, try not to dedicate a major portion of your time to it. Now that we have covered the General Awareness for SSC JE let us move to the important tips for the exam.
SSC JE General Awareness: Tips to remember
While you prepare for the upcoming SSC JE General Awareness Section, be aware of the following points in mind.
- Read newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC JE as it helps to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level of the exam.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
- Unlike UPSC Civil Services Exam, the questions asked in SSC JE are a bit easy and direct. So, even with a rudimentary understanding of the basics, you can score good marks.
- It has been observed from the analysis of previous years question papers that the General Awareness questions are repeated in the exam. Therefore, solving the SSC JE Previous Year Exam will be beneficial to students.
- Keep revising the General Awareness questions to memorise important events and dates.
We hope this article on SSC JE General Awareness Syllabus and Preparation Tips has helped you. Post your questions in the comments section, and we will get back to you.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2021. To excel in SSC JE Examination, download the Best SSC JE Exam Preparation App for free.