How to Prepare for SSC JE Reasoning Section 2017: Staff Selection Commission will conduct its online examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various government organisations.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
Let us first go through SSC Junior Engineer Examination pattern for Paper I and Paper II. SSC JE Paper I will be conducted online whereas Paper II will be conducted in offline mode.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper I
The Paper I of SSC JE 2017 consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The mode of examination will be online i.e a computer based test. The total duration of the paper will be 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. In General Engineering, candidates can choose any one of the options of Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. Only those candidates who are able to qualify Paper I will be eligible to appear for Paper II.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper II
The Paper II of SSC JE 2017 consists of conventional type questions carrying a total of 300 marks. The candidates will have to choose subjects/sections as per their area of interest in this paper.
- There will be three subjects- Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering in Paper-II of SSC JE exam. The candidates will have to appear for only one.
- The total duration for Paper II will be 2 hours.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II.
Those who are able to qualify both the papers of SSC JE recruitment exam will be shortlisted for the merit list. Now let’s shift our focus to the SSC JE Reasoning preparation section.
SSC JE Reasoning Section: Important Topics
The Reasoning Section can be distinctly divided into 3 parts.
- Usual Reasoning
- Visual /Non-Verbal Reasoning
- High-Level Reasoning
Questions based on usual reasoning are highest, followed by Visual/ Non-Verbal and High-Level Reasoning.
The topics under this category are as follows:
- Series (Numeric and Alphabetic)
- Alphabet & Dictionary
- Coding Decoding
- Classification/Odd Pair.
Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning:
The topics under this category are as under:
- Rule Detection
- Figure Formation
- Completion of Pattern
- Paper Folding
- Mirror Image
- Figure Matrix
High Level Reasoning:
The topics under this category are
- Statement Conclusion
After summing up all the factors, our insights on the upcoming SSC JE Reasoning Examination are as follows-
- Approximately 60% of Reasoning Ability Section will consist of usual reasoning and General Reasoning questions.
- Unlike bank and other Government Recruitment, a good number of Non-Verbal Reasoning Questions will also be there.
SSC JE Reasoning Section: Tips to remember
These key points will help you achieve better score in SSC JE Reasoning section Paper I examination.
- You need a list. As we have provided important topics for SSC JE Reasoning Section, you can make a list of the crucial topics and start solving questions based on those.
- Speed plays an extremely important role in SSC JE Examination. But what if you are new to the concept altogether? You need to understand the basics first. Speed and Accuracy gets built over time and you need to practice a lot first.
- There are a few topics, like Alphabet, Dictionary, Coding & Decoding, Analogy, Classification/Odd Pair, Rule Detection and Series which employ concepts of Quantitative Aptitude. These questions are highly competitive and require a good amount of practice to solve. Hence, you need to allow a little extra time to these questions.
- You need to work extra on Coding Decoding Questions. The number of questions from this topic just keep on climbing every year and you can easily crack these questions, provided you have practised enough.
- All your efforts, preparation and study tips will amount to nothing if you haven’t revised them regularly. Analysing and Examining your performance helps you know which areas you need to work upon. Hence, make sure you mark your level of preparation in a performance sheet and understand how much effort you need to put in further.
This is our study plan on How to Prepare for SSC JE Reasoning Subject for SSC JE 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC JE Examination, download the Best SSC JE Exam Preparation App for free.