How to Prepare for SSC MTS Reasoning: The notification for Multi-Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam in different states and union territories is live at the official Staff Selection Commission portal. Every year, lakhs of applicants appear in SSC MTS Exam. This year, SSC MTS Exam will be held on 16th, 30th April and 7th May 2017.
Candidates under SSC MTS 2016-2017 Recruitment will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Paper-I and Paper-II exam. This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC MTS Reasoning section.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2017
What is the Exam Pattern for SSC MTS Exam 2017? SSC MTS Paper I 2017 will be an OMR based Objective Paper of 150 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode.
The duration of the paper would be for two hours. The detailed pattern will be as follows:
SSC MTS Paper-1
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
SSC MTS Paper-2
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
- As per the scheme of the SSC MTS examination, there shall be two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
- Paper- I will be entirely objective while Paper- II will be descriptive in nature. There will be four sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness in the Paper-1.
- Paper – II will be comprised of a Short Essay/ Letter to be written in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. Paper- II is simply qualifying in nature. It is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates to be suitable for the post.
Now let’s move further with the SSC MTS Reasoning Preparation Tips.
How to Prepare for SSC MTS Reasoning/ General Intelligence
Let us understand the nature of SSC MTS Reasoning questions and initiate accordingly. The syllabus of SSC MTS Reasoning Section is quite massive but with proper planning and selective learning, you can easily crack SSC MTS Exam. Let us divide SSC MTS Reasoning section into parts:
- Usual Reasoning
- Visual /Non-Verbal Reasoning
- High-Level Reasoning
Usual Reasoning: The topics under this category are Series (Numeric and Alphabetic), Directions, Ranks, Arrangement, Alphabet & Dictionary, Coding Decoding, Analogy and Classification/Odd Pair.
Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning: The topics under this category are Rule Detection, Triangle, Dices, Figure Formation, Completion of Pattern, Hidden/Embedded, Images, Paper Folding , Mirror Image and Figure Matrix. It is of high possibility that SSC MTS Question paper will contain Non Verbal Reasoning in bulk.
High Level Reasoning: The topics under this category are Syllogisms and Statement Conclusion. It is of less possibility that SSC MTS paper will contain High level reasoning questions.
SSC MTS test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Our insights on the upcoming SSC MTS Examination for Reasoning Section are as follows.
- Approximately 60% of SSC MTS Reasoning Ability Section will consist of Non-Verbal and General Reasoning questions.
- A good number of Usual Reasoning Questions will also be there.
SSC MTS Reasoning Preparation Tips
We can expect a lot of candidates to be confused right now regarding where to start, what to read and how to prepare. As a result, candidates develop ample of questions in their mind when it comes to exam preparation.
How to start preparing for SSC MTS Reasoning Section?
Which topics are most important in SSC MTS Reasoning?
How to make a proper study plan for scoring good in all sections of SSC MTS 2016?
Finally, let us now highlight some tips for SSC MTS reasoning subject questions. SSC MTS Reasoning section will be quite easier than other section. Sufficient practice and hard work in this section can make you score well and grab a lead in overall marks.
- Do not waste time on a single question. Leave the question which you are not able to solve. Meanwhile try to attempt other questions to save time and score more.
- You can also tear a small piece of paper from the rough sheet and apply given theory while solving Folding paper or formation type questions online.
- Try to practice and focus more on our upper given table on expected list of topics in SSC MTS Reasoning.
- Try to start with your favourite topic and attempt easier questions first.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- Do not stick to a particular question. Doing so will kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- SSC MTS Reasoning section is quite easier than the other sections. Hence, candidates are adviced to practice SSC MTS Reasoning section as much as they can to score well and grab overall lead.
We hope this article provides you with useful information on how to prepare for SSC MTS Reasoning/ General Intelligence.