How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer General Awareness Section 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Stenographer Recruitment exam every year.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Online Examination will be conducted in the month of September. Most of the students have started their preparation for SSC Steno 2017 examination. Over here, we will try to lessen their burden by elaborating our article- How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer General Awareness.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017
The details of of computer based examination are mentioned below:
Computer Based Test
|Name of Paper||No. of Question||Marks|
|Part I:General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part II:General Awareness||50||50|
|Part III: English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- Question paper will be of Objective Multiple choice type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except Part-III.
- The time duration for general candidates will be 2 hrs. and 2 hrs. 40 mins for visually handicapped candidates
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the CBT as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test.
What are the Important Topics for SSC Stenographer General Awareness?
Most candidates are able to secure good marks in this section but there is a significant number questions which candidates might find confusing. Maximum questions in this section are generally asked from the topics related to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
How to Ace SSC Stenographer General Awareness Section
For SSC Stenographer Examination, the General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared SSC candidate, it will take less than 2 seconds to answer the questions in written examination.
There are almost 5-6 questions from each topic mentioned above except the miscellaneous section. General Science is expected to have 10-15 questions, with Biology being central.
Understanding History Topics is very important for any examination be it SSC Stenographer or other exam as it is the backbone of every subject. It is very rare that questions from World History have been asked, so there is no need to waste time on World History. Instead, concentrate on Indian History only.
Indian Geography and Physical Geography are the two parts of Geography from where the questions are asked. For covering basics, school level NCERT Books will be sufficient.
If you wish to cover more ground, we suggest you attempt a few mock tests and question banks to know the type of questions asked in SSC Stenographer Exams.
Again, Read NCERT Books of Class VIII to X for Polity, as it will cover most of the topics asked under the banner of Polity.
The economy also contains 2 parts – Indian Economy and Economics. Indian Economy is the study of Indian Economics system and Economics Further comprises two topics which include:Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. There is a few ambiguous topic which one should only prepare from trusted sources. Candidates need not to study these topics in detail.
The Miscellaneous Section may contain various topics like Current affairs, Computer Knowledge, Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Persons and Places in News, Abbreviations, etc. Candidates need not to study these topics in detail. Introductory or basic preparation of these topics is sufficient according to the level of SSC Stenographer examination.
Current Affairs topic mostly holds a limited set of questions. So, try not to dedicate a major portion of your time for it. Are you able to make out how to prepare for SSC Stenographer General Awareness 2017? If Yes, proceed to the final section of this article.
SSC Stenographer General Awareness Preparation Tips
We can expect a lot of candidates to be confused right now regarding where to start, what to read and how to prepare. As a result, candidates develop ample of questions in their mind when it comes to exam preparation. Let us now highlight some tips for SSC Stenographer General Awareness subject questions. While you prepare for the upcoming SSC Stenographer General Awareness Section, here are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC Stenographer as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and their difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
- The questions asked in SSC Stenographer are a bit easy and direct. So, even with a rudimentary understanding of the basics, you can score good marks.
- It has been always observed that the same previous year questions have been asked in different types. Hence, solving previous years question paper would prove beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learnt. It is the most crucial tip anyone can give.
We hope you are able to inculcate this exam preparation study on how to prepare for SSC Stenographer General Awareness 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.