How to Prepare for UGC NET Economics Subject 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) for the post of Assistant Professor or junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE is going to conduct NET exam on behalf of UGC in the month of November.
This article will help candidates to prepare for the upcoming UGC NET examination. The Subject code for UGC NET Education subject is 01. Let’s us first revisit the UGC NET Exam Pattern 2017.
UGC NET Economics Subject Exam Pattern
UGC NET Exam pattern is definitely necessary to answer every candidate’s most common question i.e How to Prepare for UGC NET Economics Subject. Let us go through the UGC NET Economics Subject Exam Pattern of Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
|Paper/ Session||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to
|II||100||50||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to
|III||150||75||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to
- Paper-1 will cover 60 questions of 100 marks.
- Paper-2 will cover 50 questions of 100 Marks.
- Paper-3 will cover 75 questions of 150 Marks.
All the three paper will held on a single day i.e on 5th November 2017. Paper I will be common for all candidates whereas Paper II and Paper III will cover questions on the concerned subject i.e. Economics.
To read the whole syllabus and sample questions of Paper II and Paper III for UGC NET Economics Subject, head on to this http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/01.pdf
UGC NET Economics Subject Important Topics
Given below is a list of some important selected topics for UGC NET Economics subject which help candidates in covering syllabus of UGC NET Paper II and Paper III.
Important Topics for Economics Paper II
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Indian Economy
- Public Finance
- Development & Planning
Try to align yourself with these important topics to get a hold over UGC NET Economics Subject Paper II.
Important Topics for Economics Paper III
- Theory of Demand & production
- Keynesian and Post Keynesian approaches
- Theories of trade & development
- Theories of taxation and public Expenditure
- Fiscal policy and Fiscal reforms in India
- National / International Institution & organisation and their Role
- Industrial Structure and economic Growth
- Poverty, Population and Economic Development
- Agriculture and their aspects in Indian Economy
These are some important topics for UGC NET Economics subject Paper III. Candidates need to focus on these topics for better results.
Let us now highlight some important reading material and topic source for UGC NET Economics Paper II and Paper III.
Recommended Study Material for Paper II and III
For any subject related study, resourceful study material is extremely important. Half of your preparation is dependent on relevant books which cover the entire syllabus in an optimal manner. Here is a list of such study material for UGC NET Economics Subject:
- Macroeconomics – H L Ahuja.
- Modern Microeconomics – Koutsoyiannis A H. L. Ahuja.
- Modern Microeconomics – Kalyanjit Roy Choudhury.
- Monetary Economics – S B Gupta.
- International Economics – M. L. Jhingan.
- Statistical Methods – S P Gupta.
- Dictionary of Economics – Ghaham Bannock; T.E. Baxter, Ray Rees
- Economics – Paul A. Samuelson
- An Introduction to Economics – A.W. Stonier and D.C. Hauge.
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara.
- Outline of Monetary Economics – A.C.I. Day
- Public Finance – H.L. Bhatia.
- Modern Banking – R.S. Sayers
- Macro Economic Analysis – Edward Shepiro.
- Money Supply in India: Concepts, Compilation and Analysis : Functions and Working Reserve Bank of India.
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin.
- Public Finance – K.K. Andley and Sundharam.
- National Income Accounting – Bakerman.
- Economics Choice – Koutsweanik.
- Banking – S.B. Gupta.
- International Trade – Bo Soderston.
- IGNOU Materials and financial newspapers can provide a lot of insights.
Go through these books to enhance your problem solving skills and clear all doubts regarding How to Prepare for UGC NET Economics Subject.
Now, let’s have a look at some vital preparation tips for UGC NET Economics subject.
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Economics Paper
It is time to list up some important tips for How to prepare UGC NET Economics Section. These important tips will definitely help aspirants in achieving their desired goal.
- Go through the Exam pattern thoroughly. Its important to answer all the questions in total that you can solve rather than answering more as the only first attempted questions will be evaluated regardless the correctness of the later ones.
- Prepare a study schedule including as many varied topics as you can and study accordingly. Follow a methodical pattern of studying for maximum benefits.
- Study the basic fundamentals for Economics from various reference books that have been listed above.
- Practice as many sample papers/previous year papers as you can to gain speed and accuracy. Analyse sample paper/previous paper soon after completing it to identify and improve your weak areas.
- Give mock tests as this will help you to understand the pattern of question asked.
- Do not forget to revise whatever you learn at the end of the week.
Candidates are requested to follow these preparation tips for UGC NET Economics Subject to strengthen their chance of getting shortlisted. Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for UGC NET Economics Subject.
Stay connected for more information regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.