“Quant is no more a fear” Read Preparation Strategy for IBPS Clerk 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting IBPS Clerk Recruitment Examination in the month of December 2018.
Quantitative Aptitude is considered as one of the cohesive sections of the Competition Exams but it is also considered as the most scoring section. Scoring efficiently in this section is not so easy & you really need to do hard preparation to achieve that. In this article, our primary focus will be on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude 2018 and qualify for the next level, IBPS Clerk Mains Examination.
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Quant Section 2018
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Major Portion will include Arithmetic based questions. Let us now highlight some important topics for Maths section:
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation
- Number Series
Many students face problem while solving completing the quant section. Here we are sharing how much time you should give to each section in order to complete the examination on time.
|Name of the Topic||Questions||Time allotted for Each Topic|
|Data Interpretation||10||7-10 Minutes|
|Simplification/ Approximation||10||5-7 Minutes|
|Quadratic Equation||5||2-3 Minutes|
|Number Series||5||3-4 Minutes|
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for quantitative aptitude section for IBPS Clerk exam.
- Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- Solve various math puzzles like sudoku which will help in logical building.
- Dedicate time for each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Give 2-3 hours to Quantitative Aptitude Preparation daily. Solve mock tests daily to help you improve your speed as well as accuracy.
- Try to minimize the time dedicated to each section so that we can use that time in Quantitative aptitude section. It involves calculation but the results can be achieved with 100% accuracy.
- Lastly, Revise whatever you learn throughout the week.
Preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims?? Here are our Recommended Mock Tests