RBI Assistant Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017: The Reserve Bank of India also known as RBI will be conducting the RBI Assistant recruitment Process to recruit 623 candidates for the post of Assistant. RBI is going to conduct the Preliminary Examination on 27th November.
As the exam is nearly a few days away, it is time for the candidates to start the preparation. In this article, we will be giving complete information regarding the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern (Prelims & Mains)
RBI Assistant recruitment is divided into 3 phases, namely -Preliminary Phase, Mains Phase and Language Proficiency Test. Today, we are providing you details on RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2017:
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern (Prelims)
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern (Mains)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|English Laguagee||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The candidates provisionally selected from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned (Annex-IV). Candidate not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified.
- The above main online tests (except for the Test of English Language) will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
- To appear for Mains exam, a candidate has to qualify the Preliminary Examination.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination) i.e 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Once you are familiar with the exam pattern for RBI Assistant, move to our next section of the article viz. RBI Assistant Prelims Syllabus 2017.
RBI Assistant Syllabus (Prelims & Mains)
The Preliminary stage of RBI Assistant consists of three sections viz. English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning. Have a look at the syllabus for each of the topic.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Spotting the Errors
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous – Distance & Time, Work & Time, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Partnerships, Boats & Streams
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
RBI Assistant Syllabus for Mains
The mains examination consists of 5 sections having separates questions in each. Let us Have a look at the syllabus for each topic.
- Science And Technology
- Important Awards & Honors
- Current National And International Events
- Banking Knowledge
- Prominent Personalities
- General Grammar
- Comprehension of a Passage
- Sentence Completion
- Decimals And Fractions
- Whole Numbers
- Relationship Between Numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- HCF & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Time And Work
- Simple Interest
- Time And Distance
- Compound Interest
- Permutations & Combination’s
- Number Series
- Approximate Values
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Symbols and their relationships
- Arithmetical computation
- Decision making
- Verbal and figure classification
- Verbal and non-verbal
- Analytical functions
- Space visualization
- Problem solving
- Arithmetical number series
- Visual memory
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Relationship concepts
- Operating and DOS
- Introduction of Computer and History
- Computer Device
- Security Aspects for PC
- PC and System Software
- Advanced Technology Regarding Computer
- MS Excel, MS Word
- Various Uses of Computer
- Internet Programming Language
- Computer Network
- Computer of Future
- E world
We hope this article provides you with useful information regarding the RBI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Prelims and Mains examination.