RBI Assistant Mains Exam Analysis: The Reserve Bank of India conducted the Mains examination today i.e 20th December 2017 for the recruitment of 623 Assistant to various RBI branches. The Mains paper for RBI Assistant was conducted in multiple centres to accommodate as many candidates as possible.
Here is our detailed RBI Assistant Mains Exam Analysis. Before we discuss today’s exam analysis let us give you a detailed review of the exam pattern of RBI Assistant Mains.
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
In the Mains examination, there were 5 sections and 200 questions in total. Each question carried 1 mark.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|English Laguagee||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- The paper was bilingual in nature i.e. Hindi and English.
- As stated above, there was sectional time for each subject.
If a candidate is shortlisted in RBI Assistant Mains examination, he/she will be called for final phase i.e Langauge Proficiency Test.
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Analysis: Detailed Information
The overall difficulty level of RBI Assistant Mains was Moderate. Let us go a step deeper in our exam analysis of RBI Assistant Mains Paper with the section-wise review of RBI Examination conducted on 20th December 2017.
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Analysis for English Section
Beginning our paper review of RBI Assistant Mains Examination, the big surprise, the English Section had a Moderate set of questions. There were 40 questions asked from the English section. The topics covered are:
- Cloze Test (5 questions)
- Para Jumbles (5 questions)
- Reading Comprehension (10 questions)
- Sentence Connector (10 questions)
- Words with similar meaning ( 5 questions)
- Spotting Errors (5 questions)
RBI Assistant Exam Analysis for Numerical Ability
The second topic that we will discuss today for RBI Assistant mains examination is Numerical ability. The overall difficulty level was Difficult. There were 40 questions asked from this sections. The topics covered are:
- Data Sufficiency – (4 to 5 Questions)
- Data Interpretation (15 Questions )
- Approximation ( 5 Questions )
- Quadratic Equations (4 to 5 Questions )
- Miscellaneous (10 questions)
RBI Assistant Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability
The third topic that we will discuss today for RBI Assistant mains examination is Reasoning ability. The overall difficulty level was Easy to Moderate. There were 40 questions asked from this sections. The topics covered are:
- Inequality (2 to 3 questions )
- Puzzles & Seating Arrangement (25 questions)
- Input-Output (5 questions)
- Miscellaneous (6 to 8 questions)
RBI Assistant Exam Analysis for General Awareness & Computer Knowledge
The last sections that we will discuss today for RBI Assistant mains examination are GK & computer. The overall difficulty level of GK & Computer was Moderate to Difficult. There were 80 questions ( 40 each) asked from these sections. Most of the questions asked from:
- Hardware, Excel
- Banking awareness
- Static knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Operating system
- MS Office
Some of the questions (with answers) asked in General Awareness Sections:
- Dudhwa National park: Uttar Pradesh
- Winner of Macau Open Grand Prix Gold? Kento Momota
- Capital of Jordan? Aman
- CISF Headquarter: New Delhi
- Girija Devi related to: Singing
- Gorakhpur situated at which river? Rapti
- Loktak lake is located in? Manipur
- Project Nishchay launched by? IDBI bank
- Gudi Pahva festival? Maharashtra
- First Mastercard Lab in which city? Pune
- Full Form of BCSBI? Banking Codes and Standards Board of India
- Day on 10th November? World Science Day for Peace and Development
- Full Form of LAB? Local Area Bank
We hope this article gives you useful information on RBI Assistant Mains Exam analysis for the year 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best RBI Assistant Exam Preparation App for free.