RBI Grade B Recruitment 2017: Reserve Bank of India has published an official notification informing interested candidates regarding an All India Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the posts of Grade B Officer. RBI Grade B Recruitment has clearly specified Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and How to Apply for Grade B Post.
Read this article carefully for complete details regarding RBI Grade B Recruitment 2017.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2017: Eligibility, Selection, Apply Now
Reserve Bank of India has released 161 vacancies for the post of Officer Grade B in various departments. The eligibility criteria for Grade B Exam has been clearly specified in the Exam Notification published by Reserve Bank of India recently.
The Reserve Bank of India Services Board (Board) invites applications from eligible candidates for the post mentioned below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank)
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Unreserved i.e., General (GEN/UR)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Scheduled Castes (SC)||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||TOTAL|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||73||39||22||11||145|
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||09||03||00||00||12|
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||01||00||1||02||4|
Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the advertised posts in the Reserve Bank of India.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of May, 2017 i.e he/ she must have been born not earlier than 2nd May, 1987 and not later than 1st May, 1996. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
The following minimum educational qualifications are prescribed for the posts:
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations.
- The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR
A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years; OR
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years and one year post graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an institute of repute; OR
- M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters / years OR
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2017: How to Apply
The application process for RBI Grade B is quite simple and can be done in the following steps:
- Firstly, visit the following link: Click here to begin
- Next, begin with ‘Post you Applying for’.
- The candidates will be asked to enter details like name, date of birth, category, educational qualifications, work experience, contact details, address, and preference of test centres etc.
- Make sure you’ve entered all the information accurately as the window for making corrections is not reliable.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2017: Link Activation Dates
- Officers in Gr B (DR) – General: 3rd May( Click here to Apply now)
- Officers in Gr B (DR) – (DEPR): 5th May to 23rd May
- Officers in Gr B (DR) – (DSIM): 5th May to 23rd May