Recommended Books for CAPF Exam Preparation: UPSC CAPF Recruitment for the post of Assistant Commandant is currently underway. The written examination will be conducted on 26 June 2016, followed Physical Efficiency Test to determine the most physically and mentally fit candidates for recruitment to CRPF, BSF, CISF, SSB and ITBP. But first, let us cover each and every corner for the written examination.
There are still 2.5 months left for UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Examination, which should be used for maximizing scores in the written exam. Let us revisit the exam pattern and then move towards devising a proper exam strategy and study plan for cracking CAPF Assistant Commandant Examination.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Pattern
There will be 2 papers – one objective and one subjective. Both papers will be conducted on the same day, which is, 26 June 2016.
CAPF Paper 1 (MM: 250)
The first paper will be based on General Ability and Intelligence. There will be 125 objective questions in total and the central topics would be Indian History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Science, Maths and Reasoning, Current Affairs. Each question will carry 2 marks and a negative marking of one-third mark is applicable throughout.
CAPF Paper 2 (MM: 200)
The second paper will be subjective and the general topics include Essay Writing, Reading Comprehension, Précis Writing, Report Writing, and Grammar. There will be no negative marking in this section but you need to work on your writing skills in essays to get better scores in this section.
After qualifying in the written exams, you will be called for PET and Medical Tests followed by an Interview conducted by the Selection Committee. The Interview Round carries 150 marks.
The Final Merit List will be prepared based on your performance in written examination and interview. Hence, total score amounts to 600 marks.
CAPF Assistant Commandant Recommended Books
Thinking of beginning your exam preparation for UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment Exam? Thinking where and how to start? Worry no more. Build a good study timetable which must include these books.
- Ancient History: Old NCERT by R.S. Sharma
- Medieval History: Old NCERT by Satish Chandra
- Modern History: India’s struggle for independence by Bipin Chandra, Modern India by Spectrum, Grover (more important for CAPF as it is factual)
- Art & Culture: Art and Culture by Spectrum, Newspaper
- Polity: Indian polity by Laxmikant (more imp for CAPF), Our Constitution/ Our Parliament Subash Kashyap, Current Events The Hindu
- Economy: NCERT (11th and 12th Std), The Hindu and Indian Express.
- Science: Questions are application oriented and test practical knowledge, so no specific book would help.
- Environment: NCERT books for Std 10th, 11th and 12th, Erach Bharuch or Shankar IAS Environment book, Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Chronicle.
- Physical Geography: 11th and 12th NCERT. Cover the entire geography section of India and World.
- Geography world: NCERT, Certificate Physical and Human Geography by G.C. Leong
- Other National/International Current Affairs: Hindu, Express and Mrunal.
- Government Schemes, Policies & Projects: Economic survey ,Yearbook and hindu
- Maths: Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal, Any other material you know of
- Reasoning: From TMH CSAT guide and previous years question papers.
Stay connected for more articles/ blogs on UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2016.
You can put in your doubts and queries in the section below. For better response, post your Queries at OnlineTyari Community.