RRB Group D 2018, Mathematics Important Questions: Recently, Railway recruitment Board released an important notice regarding the exam date of the upcoming Group D examination 2018. The Computer-Based Tests (CBT) for recruitment of Level 1 posts is likely to start from 17-09-2018.
We are a few days away from the biggest examination of the year 2018, If you’re aiming for recruitment to RRB Group D, you need to give equal attention to the mathematics section. In this article, we will be giving mathematics Important questions.
RRB Group D 2018: Mathematics Important Questions
Quantitative Aptitude is considered as one of the cohesive sections of the Competition Exams, but it is also considered as the most scoring section. Practice the below-given questions and ace in your upcoming exam
1. Three numbers first are twice the second and second is twice the third. The average of the three numbers is 21. Find the largest number of the three.
2. In a group of buffaloes and ducks, the number of legs is 24 more than twice the number of
heads. What is the number of buffaloes in the group?
D. None of these
3. The ratio of male and female is 3: 4 participate in a party. The ratio becomes reciprocal if 42 more females join the party. How many peoples participate in the party?
4. A class has girls and boys in the ratio 4: 5 Among the girls, the ratio of mathematics to physics
students is 3: 1. If the ratio of mathematics and physics students in the entire class is 3: 2. What
percentage of class comprises girls studying mathematics?
5. A reduction of 20% in the price of oranges enable a man to buy 5 oranges more for Rs. 10. The price of an orange before reduction was :
A. 20 paisa
B. 40 paisa
C. 50 paisa
D. 60 paisa
6. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs.832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs.448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
7. A milkman makes 20% profit by selling milk mixed with water at Rs.9 per litre. If the cost price of 1 litre of pure milk is Rs. 10, then the ratio of milk and water in the mixture is:
8. A train overtakes two persons walking in the same direction to which the train is going. These persons are walking at the rate of 5 km/h. and 6 km/h respectively and the train passes them completely in 12 seconds and 14 seconds respectively. The speed of the train is:
A. 25 km/h
B. 24 km/h
C. 12 km/h
D. 14 km/h
9. A train starts from station A and reaches B 15 minutes late when it moves with 40 km/hr and 24 minutes late when it goes 30 km/hr. The distance between the two stations is
A. 16 km
B. 18 km
C. 21 km
D. 24 km
10. A boat takes 5 hours 36 minutes to go to a place 18 km far upstream and return downstream. If the speed of the current is 2 km/hr. Find the speed of the boat in still water.
A. 4 km/hr
B. 7.5 km/hr.
C. 5 km/hr.
D. 9 km/hr.
11. A boat moves downstream at the rate of 2 km in 12 minutes and upstream at the rate of 1 km in 10 minutes. Find the time taken by boat to covers 3 km in still water.
A. 22.5 minutes
B. 20 minutes
C. 15 minutes
D. 18 minutes
12. A train running at the speed of 72 km/hrs and cross a man in 12 seconds. Find the time taken by train to cross the 240-meter platform.
A. 15 seconds
B. 20 seconds
C. 24 seconds
D. 30 seconds
13. A train is running at a speed of 58 kmph and its length is 110 meters. Calculate the time by which it will pass a man running opposite with speed of 8 kmph.
B. 12 sec
C. 8 sec
D. 6 sec
14. In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of rice costing Rs.27.5 and Rs.38 per kg
respectively so as to get a mixture worth Rs. 34 kg?
15. A B and C invest Rs. 71,000 in a business. A invests Rs. 4000 more than B and B invests Rs. 2000 more than C. Out of the total profit of Rs. 21300, what is A’s share?
A. Rs. 6300
B. Rs. 6900
C. Rs. 8100
D. Rs. 7500
16. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 2 years each is 60 years. What is the age of the eldest child?
A. 8 years
B. 16 years
C. 18 years
D. 24 years
17. If the difference between simple and compound interest at the same rate at Rs 5000 for 2 years is Rs 72. The rate of interest per annum is-
18. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4819.50 at the rate of 9 p.a. in 6 years. What is the sum?
19. The average marks of Aman in the five subjects are 64 and in the other two subjects, he scored 84 and 65 respectively. Find the average marks scored by him in all subject.
20. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days B and C in 15 days and C and A in 20 days. They all work together for 6 days and then A left. In how many more days can B and C finish the remaining work?
A. 4 days
B. 5 days
C. 6 days
D. 8 days