RRB NTPC Mains Exam Syllabus: The Railway Recruitment Board earlier declared the result for Phase 1 Examination for 18252 Non-Technical Posts. The shortlisted candidates have to appear for RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Examination, which will be held in the month of January, 2017.
The Date of Examination for RRB NTPC Phase-II has been set from 17 to 19 January 2017 and each day the paper will be held in either 2 or 3 shifts. Depending on the zonal RRB, candidates will appear for RRB Mains Examination. This article will focus on RRB NTPC Mains Exam Syllabus for the upcoming phase of the examination.
RRB NTPC Mains Exam Syllabus (Phase 2)
Similar to the Preliminary Phase of RRB NTPC (Graduate) Examination, the Phase-II Examination will be based on Online CBT Format. One of the biggest revelations of RRB NTPC Phase 2 Examination is that the paper will be conducted in English Language only.
As per RRB NTPC Mains Pattern, we expect RRB NTPC Mains 2016 Examination to be a bit more challenging that the previous paper since a number of posts will be assigned post this paper. There are 4 sections in RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Exam. Let us now have a look at RRB NTPC Mains Exam Syllabus section-wise:
RRB NTPC Mains Syllabus: Arithmetic Ability
In RRB NTPC Exam, this section consists of questions based on Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation. You need to leverage both speed and accuracy to solve questions in time.
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, tables etc.)
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance (Boats & Streams, Trains etc.)
- Pipe & Cistern
- Profit & Loss
- Margins & Discounts
- Speed Calculation
- Problems on Age
- Linear/ Quadratic Equations
- Simple/ Compound Interest
- Area & Volume
RRB NTPC Mains Syllabus: Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence
The exam syllabus is quite vast for Reasoning and General Intelligence Section. The best way to go about it would be to solve previous years papers to know the type of questions asked in RRB NTPC Recruitment Exam.
- Analogy Equality/Inequality
- Classification of Odd pair
- Alphanumeric Series
- Decision Making
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Visual Reasoning (Pattern Detection, Hidden Images, Embedded Images, Mirror Images, Figure Matrix etc.)
- Statement Argument/ Conclusion/ Interference
- Problem Solving
- Eligibility Test
- Verbal & Visual Analysis
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Sitting /Circular Arrangements
- Puzzles/Complex Arrangement
RRB NTPC Mains Syllabus: General Awareness
The General Awareness section in RRB NTPC Exam contains a mixed bag questions on Static GK and Current Affairs. This section acts as a major marks booster as the difficulty level of questions is easy to moderate. The main focus topics in General Awareness are as following:
- Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- General Science including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Science
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Current Affairs (National, International. Organizations, Person in News, Deaths & Demises, Awards, Science & Technology, Sports, Government Policies etc.)
- Static Affairs (National, International, Organizations, Awards & Honours, Science & Technology, Yearbook, Days, Dates etc.)
Note: If you haven’t paid attention to current affairs section, it is advisable to read about the national and international news and other related stories from source materials dated at least 3 months before the day of examination.