RRB NTPC Study Plan: A few months ago, the prestigious Railway Recruitment Board published an official notification that they will be recruiting candidates for 18252 posts in Non-Technical Cadre this year. Approximately 1 Crore applicants submitted their RRB NTPC application forms, making this recruitment examination as one of the most critical Examination for the year 2016. Since the RRB NTPC Exam has already started, we recommend you give this RRB NTPC Study Plan a thorough read.
Exam Date: RRB NTPC has been scheduled from 28 March to 30 April 2016, depending upon the Zonal RRB you applied to.
Since we have covered a wide range of topics regarding RRB NTPC Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Job Profiles etc., here is our conclusive article on RRB NTPC Study Plan. Follow these preparation tips and carefully and understand how to attempt RRB NTPC Examination.
How to Crack RRB NTPC 2016
The upcoming Railways Exam has definitely caught the nation’s eye this year. The overwhelming number of applicants, good number of RRB NTPC Vacancies and modernization of the recruitment process, all are the major contributing factors. The reasons behind such high number of applications are as follows:
- Job Security
- Higher Salary Package
- Added Allowances and Perks
- Non-Hectic Working Hours
If we analyze the previous Railways and other Government Recruitment, it is evident that many students who’ve prepared well enough as per exam syllabus didn’t get selected due to the higher level of competition. The merit list was so close-gapped that even a well prepared candidate fails to hit the bull’s eye.
“So, how does someone crack RRB NTPC Examination?”
As per our opinion, the only difference between a Meritorious Candidate and a Candidate who has prepared well is just “Time Management”. It is always said that Hard Work is the Key to Success but, Optimized Effort gives Better Results.
In our previous article, we have shared section-wise preparation tips for RRB NTPC Examination 2016.
We hope you’ve gained a few insights after reading that article. In this article, we are providing a detailed RRB Study Plan, with information regarding RRB important topics, day-by-day progress analysis and tips to crack RRB NTPC Examination. So, start procrastinating and start reading.
RRB NTPC Study Plan & Prep Guide
RRB NTPC Syllabus is divided into 4 major sections:
- General Knowledge/Awareness
- General Science
- Reasoning/ General Mental Ability
- Arithmetic Ability
Lets go section by section in this RRB NTPC Study Plan and try to understand how to maximize overall score and crack written examination.
1. RRB NTPC Study Plan for General Awareness
This section will include Questions from various topics that can be classified under these major heads: Economy, Polity, History, Geography, Railways Related facts and Figures and Currents Affairs.
Relevancy as per Number of Questions
National , International, Sports, Science & Technology
Economic Terms & Theories
Constitution of India, Terms and Theories, Designation and Powers, Duties and Rights
Indian History (AIH, Medieval, Modern)
History, Facts & Figures
2. RRB NTPC Study Plan for General Science
There is an overwhelming number of topics to cover in General Science under each topic – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Studies.
|Topic||Standard||Relevancy as per Number of Questions|
|Physics||Up to 10th Standard||5-7|
|Chemistry||Up to 10th Standard||5-7|
|Biology||Up to 10th Standard||5-7|
|Environmental Studies||Up to 10th Standard||3-4|
3. RRB NTPC Study Plan for Reasoning Ability
This is one of the major parts of the Online Computer Based test (RRB NTPC 2016). The syllabus for the Reasoning sections will be classified under these major topics:
|Subject||Topics||Relevancy as per Number of Questions|
|Usual Reasoning||Sitting/ Circular/ Linear / Puzzle Arrangement||10|
|Blood Relation and Direction||1-2|
|Decision Making, Problem Solving, Eligibility Test||1-2|
|Visual Reasoning||Hidden , Embedded, Mirror, Water Images, Patterns, Matrix, Other Miscellaneous||7-10|
|High Level Reasoning||Statement Conclusion, Interference, Assumption||1-2|
4. RRB NTPC Study Plan for Arithmetic Ability
This is one of the major topics of the Online Computer Based test (RRB NTPC 2016). The syllabus for the Arithmetic section will be classified as follows:
|Topics||Relevancy as per Number of Questions|
|Time, Work & Distance||1-2|
|Averages/ Simplification/ Speed Calculation||3-4|
|Area and Volume||1-2|
|Linear/ Quadratic Equations||1-2|
|Miscellaneous (Probability, P & C etc.)||3-4|
Notice the colour pattern used while naming topics? These colour codes are used in reference with.
- Red Colour: The Topics that covered maximum number of Questions or these topics are considered to be very Important w.r.t. Previous Year paper analysis
- Orange Colour: These topics are of medium priority on the basis of number of Questions.
- Green Colour: These are the topics that have the probability of appearing in the main examination.
Here is an optimized study plan using which a candidate can manage his time more efficiently and secure 15-20% more marks.
- Start with analyzing the detailed syllabus for RRB NTPC 2016.
- Mark topics that you have covered and make a list of topics (Priority wise) that are still untouched.
- Visit this link, if you are lacking any information or study material for preparation of written examination.
- Test your RRB NTPC Preparation Level by giving a mock test.
- Dedicate few hours analysing your performance in RRB Mock Tests. You will be able to figure out the topics which fall easily in your domain and the ones that require more practice.
- Now, start section-wise and Dedicate 3-4 days to each section i.e. Reasoning, Arithmetic, GA & GS
- Try to cover topics that are untouched and revise the topics that are completed.
- Don’t try to focus on topics that appear less frequently.
- Try to solve more Questions that are time taking and that helps you create an approach in the main examination as well as helps in time management.
After you enter the final days of RRB NTPC Preparation, the only thing you need is just practice. You can follow these steps to give a final touch to your preparation:
- Practice a good mock test series or solve some RRB NTPC sample papers.
- Don’t try to start any new topic. The fall north of your RRB NTPC Study Plan.
- Just keep on solving Arithmetic and Reasoning Ability Questions as this will help you in decreasing the time while attempting the Questions in RRB NTPC Main Examination.
- Revise GS and GA topics time to time as this section will be a difference creator.
- Try a mock test when you feel that you are ready for the Examination. Compare your performance and analysis with the one you got in the previous Mock test.
- Try to find out areas where you can improve, give few more mock tests. (More practice will lead to perfection).
- Make a strategy that how you are going to attempt the paper, divide the time that you’re going to dedicate to each section as competition is very high.
Hope this will help you and serve as a roadmap to success in RRB NTPC Examination 2016. Do you have your own RRB NTPC Study Plan? Let us know in the comments below so that everyone can benefit from it. To download admit card, click here.
Stay connected for more information regarding RRB NTPC Recruitment 2016. To excel in Railways Exams, download the Best RRB Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.