How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Mains GK Section 2017: The Mains Exam for the selection of IBPS RRB CWE-VI Recruitment for the post of Officer Scale-I will be held in the month of November. With just a few days left, candidates preparing for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper.
This article specifically focuses on How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains General Awareness Preparation Tips and Tricks. We recommend you to read our related articles on the remaining topics too:
- How to prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Mains English Section 2017
- How to prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Mains Reasoning Section 2017
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Pattern
It is very important for all the applicants to be completely aware of the exam pattern before they begin with their preparation. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the final paper for IBPS RRB Recruitment 2017. This will be again an objective MCQ based paper, but with more questions and sections. For IBPS RRB Mains Examination, there will be 5 sections.
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English/ Hindi Language
- Computer Language
The total number of questions in IBPS RRB Phase II Examination will be 200.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi (except for the language section).
- There will be 200 questions in total.
- The maximum marks for IBPS RRB Mains will be 200.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
- The total time will be 2 Hours (120 minutes).
The scores achieved in Mains Examination for IBPS Rural Regional Bank Recruitment will be the deciding factor for moving to the final round.
What are the Important Topics for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains GK (General Awareness) Section?
Most candidates are able to secure good marks in this section but there is a significant number question which candidates might find confusing. Maximum questions in this section are generally asked from the topics related to:
- Current Affairs (last 6 months)
- Banking Awareness – Indian Financial System
- History and Structure of Indian Banking
- Indian Economy
- Regulatory bodies – RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC
- History/Functions/Roles of RBI
- Budget Basics
- Current Union Budget
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions
- Indian Constitution
- Government Schemes
- Monetary and Credit Policies
- Concepts like BASEL
- Micro Finance
- Base Rate
- Negotiable Instruments
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Financial Inclusions
- Teaser Rates
- Priority Sector Lending
- Important Dates
- Current Bank Rates
- Awards & Honours Sports
How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains General Awareness
The General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared IBPS candidate, it will take less than 5 seconds to answer a GK question in the written examination.
To help you in your preparation, here are some important preparation tips to crack the IBPS RRB Mains GK section:
- Follow OnlineTyari’s current affairs which cover various topics ranging from economy to business to trade policies to the latest awardees in the fields of sports, art, literature etc. Stay up to date on everything that is going on in the world.
- Read the newspaper on a daily basis. This will not only help in enhancing your general knowledge but also of English language. It is the best habit that people can engage in to help them in various fields of knowledge and education. Pay special attention to front page news as it contains the most vital and latest information.
- Solve previous year’s papers on a regular basis. This helps in understanding the pattern of questions and how to attempt them. Also, you will learn the level of difficulty for each topic given in the syllabus.
- Practice with various mock tests available online (Given below are Onlinetyari’s mock tests which can help you in your exam preparation). This helps you in assessing the importance of time and efficiency. Set a timer and solve questions within the time frame to increase your speed of attempting questions.
- Make notes of important information which you find while reading and revise them regularly.
- Most of all, always stay positive and believe in yourself. You can easily release all the pressure and work-load of your exams by maintaining a positive outlook.
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains General Awareness. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam.