SBI CBO Recruitment 2020: State Bank of India has released the SBI CBO exam date on November 10. SBI CBO online test is scheduled on November 28. Candidates who have successfully applied for the post need to submit threir choices of Test Centres by entering their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’ on the official website. The opportunity to enter the preferred Test Centres is open from November 10 to 16.
The SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) recruitment notification was released on July 27 and the online applications concluded on August 16. A total of 3850 vacancies are released for the post of SBI Circle Based Officer. In this article, we have provided all the relevant information on SBI CBO 2020 exam dates, eligibility, vacancy, pattern, syllabus, admit card & more. Read on to know more.
November 10, 2020: State Bank of India has released SBI CBO exam dates. SBO CBO online exam will be conducted on November 28, 2020. Read the SBI CBO Exam Date Official Notice from the linked article.
Click Here to login and enter the preferred test centres.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020
Before getting into the details, let’s have an overview of the SBI CBO Recruitment 2020:
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Name of Recruitment||SBI Circle Based Officer 2020|
|Name of Posts||Circle Based Officer (CBO)|
|Scale||JMGS Scale 1 Officer|
|Selection Process||Online Exam & Interview|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Quick Note: The vacancies are not for ‘Freshers’
SBI CBO Recruitment Important Dates 2020
Check the important dates for SBI CBO from the table below.
|Start of SBI CBO Online Application||July 27, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||August 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||August 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Printing Application Form||August 31, 2020|
|Entering Exam Centre Preferences||November 10 to 16, 2020|
|SBO CBO Interview Call Letter||November Last Week, 2020 (Tentative)|
|SBI CBO Online Exam||November 28, 2020|
|SBI CBO Online Exam Result||To Be Notified|
|SBI CBO Interview||To Be Notified|
|Release of Final Merit List||To Be Notified|
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020 Vacancy
SBI has released the circle-wise vacancy details for SBI CBO 2020 recruitment. Check the circle-wise vacancies from below:
|Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh + Chhattisgarh||296 + 104|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra (excluding Mumbai) + Goa||517 + 33|
Quick Note: The highest vacancies are released for Ahmedabad, Bengaluru circles
SBI CBO Eligibility 2020
Candidates must check the detailed SBI CBO eligibility before applying for the post of SBI CBO. The detailed SBI CBO eligibility criteria are given below.
Age Limit: The upper age limit should not be more than 30 years as on August 01, 2020. This means that candidates must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1990.
However, there is provision for relaxation in the upper age limit of candidates belonging to certain categories. Check the age-relaxation criteria from below:
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|OBC (NCL)||3 Years|
|PWD – (SC/ ST)||15 Years|
|PWD – OBC||13 Years|
|PWD – (Gen/ EWS)||10 Years|
|Eligible – Ex-Servicemen||5 Years|
Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
A minimum of 2 years of experience is needed as an Officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any Rural Regional Bank as of August 01, 2020.
The candidates must have studied the local language as one of the subjects in Class 10 or 12. Candidates will have to produce the 10th & 12th Standard mark sheet/ certificate as evidence that the candidate has studied the specific local language of the applied State.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020: SBI CBO 2020 Salary Structure
The salary for selected candidates will be on the scale of JMGS-I (23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020). The initial basic pay will be Rs. 23700 plus one increment for each completed year of service rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank, as on 01.08.2020.
Besides the basic pay, candidates will also be eligible for allowances such as:
- – Dearness Allowances (DA),
- – House Rent Allowance (HRA)/ Lease Rental
- – City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)
- – Medical and Other Allowances
This means that candidates will be initially paid RS. 23700/- + Increments in advanced at the time of joining as per their period of experience + Allowances & other benefits. Besides that, there will also be yearly increments and the maximum basic pay for the post can reach Rs. 42020/-.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020: SBI CBO Selection Process
SBI CBO selection process consists of two major stages namely,
- Online Exam
The online exam consists of two parts. Part A is Objective in nature and Part B is Descriptive in nature. Candidates qualifying the online exam will be called for Interview.
SBI CBO Interview will be conducted for 100 marks. Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in an interview for being considered for final selection. The final selection is on the basis of the Interview score (out of 100). A State-Wise & Category-Wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the Interview score. The final merit list will be prepared in descending order based on the scores obtained in the interview only.
SBI CBO Exam Pattern
SBI CBO online exam pattern consists of two parts namely,
|Part A||Objective Test|
|Part B||Descriptive Test|
Let’s go through the SBI CBO exam pattern for the objective test from below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness/ KYC-AML/ Preventive Vigilance/ Legal Issues||30||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||20||40|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||30||60|
- – The total time duration to complete the objective test is 2 Hours.
- – 2 marks are awarded for every correct answer.
- – For every incorrect answer, 1/4th of the marks allocated to the question will be deducted from the total score
Let’s check the exam pattern for the descriptive test is given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Essay (250 words on banking related topics)||1||25|
- – The total time duration to complete the descriptive test is 30 minutes.
- – There is no negative marking for descriptive paper.
SBI CBO Syllabus
SBI CBO Syllabus Consists of the following sections:
- – General Awareness
- – Data Analysis & Interpretation
- – Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- – English Language
SBI CBO Syllabus General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Banking Awareness
- Preventive Vigilance/
- Legal Issues
- General Knowledge (Static GK)
SBI CBO Syllabus Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Work, Time and Energy
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combination
SBI CBO Syllabus Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
SBI CBO Reasoning Syllabus
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Distance and Direction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
SBI CBO Computer Aptitude Syllabus
- Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Operating System
- Keyboard Shortcuts
SBI CBO Syllabus English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
How To Apply For SBI CBO Recruitment 2020?
Candidates will have to fill and submit the SBI CBO application form through online mode. The steps to apply online or SBI CBO 2020 are given below:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – sbi.co.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the ‘Careers’ link present on the top right-hand side of the page.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Click on the tab ‘Join SBI’.
- – 4th Step: Click on the link ‘RECRUITMENT OF CIRCLE BASED OFFICERS (Advertisement No. CRPD/CBO/2020-21/20)’.
- – 5th Step: Now click on the ‘Apply Online’ link. A new page will open.
- – 6th Step: Click on the button ‘Click Here For New Registration’ (for new registration)
- – 7th Step: An instruction page will appear on-screen. Click on ‘Continue’. Enter your ‘Name’, ‘Mother’s Name’, ‘Email ID’, ‘Mobile Number’ and ‘Security Code’.
- – 8th Step: Click on the ‘Register’ page. An instruction page will appear, go through it and click on ‘OK’. A ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ will be generated and will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email.
- – 9th Step: Now select the ‘Post Name’, ‘Grade’ and ‘Category’ and click on the ‘Save & Next’ button.
- – 10th Step: Enter your Personal details, Contact details, Name of State, and other details. Then click on ‘Save & Next’ button.
- – 11th Step: In the next stage, enter your qualification and experience details. Click on the button ‘Save & Next’.
- – 12th Step: Upload your Photo, Signature, and other documents in prescribed formats. Click on ‘Save & Next’ to proceed.
- – 13th Step: Preview your filled details and make changes if necessary. Click on ‘Save & Next’ to proceed for fee payment.
- – 14th Step: Check the fee amount and complete the transaction. Once the fee is paid, take a printout of the fee receipt and the filled application form for future reference.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020: SBI CBO 2020 Application Fee
The SBI CBO Application Fee is to be paid through online mode only. Check the SBI CBO Application Fee details from below.
|Category||Application Fee Amount|
|General/ EWS/ OBC||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||No Fee|
Note that, the application fee is non-refundable
SBI CBO Recruitment: Photograph, Signature & Documents Upload
Check the specifications to upload the Photograph, Signature & Documents in the online application form from below:
|Photograph||File Size: 20 – 50 kbDimensions: 200 x 230 pixelsFile Format: JPEG/ JPG|
|Signature||File Size: 10 – 20 kbDimensions: 140 x 60 pixelsFile Format: JPEG/ JPG|
|Documents||File Size: Less than 500 kbFile Format: PDFPage Size of Documents: A4|
List Of Documents For SBI CBO 2020
Candidates will have to be ready with the following documents to apply online for SSC CBO 2020:
- Recent Photograph
- ID Proof (PDF)
- Proof of Date of Birth (PDF)
- Brief Resume
- Educational Certificates (Marksheet/ Degree/ Certificates)
- Professional Qualification Certificate (eg, MBA, CA, CFA, ICWA, etc) (if any)
- JAIIB/ CAIIB Certificate (if any)
- Experience Certificates (PDF)
- Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF)
- 10th or 12th Standard Mark Sheet/Certificate
SBI Circle Based Officer Joining, Training & Career Growth
Check the SBI CBO Joining, Training (Probation) and Career Growth details from below:
- On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs).
- From the date of joining, the probation period will be for a period of 6 months.
- Candidates will be continuously accessed during the probation period for judging their suitability for confirmation. Candidates qualifying the assessment standards will be confirmed in the service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I).
- The selected officers will be in the general cadre and will be governed by the promotion policy applicable for Bank’s general cadre officers.
- The selected candidates will not be entitled to inter-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade (or) 12 years of service whichever is later.
SBI CBO Admit Card/ Interview Call letter
Candidates shortlisted for the Interview will be issued an Interview Call Letter by the bank. The SBI CBO Admit Card/ Call Letter will be released on the official website. Candidates will have to enter their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’/ ‘Date of Birth’ to download SBI CBO Admit Card. The hardcopy of the admit card will not be sent to candidates through any means. All the eligible candidates will have to visit the official website to download the call letter.
SBI CBO 2020 Result
SBI will release the SBI CBO merit list on the official website. The list of shortlisted candidates will be released based on the criteria set by the bank. After the conduction of the Interview, the final merit list will be released in descending order on the basis of scores obtained in the interview only. The merit list will be drawn State-wise and Category-wise. Candidates will have to meet the SBI CBO cutoff score in order to qualify for selection. In case of a tie, candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order, in the merit.
If you are also preparing for SBI PO, then take free mock test from the link below
We have now provided you with all the details on SBI CBO Recruitment 2020. Go through the details thoroughly before applying for the posts. You can bookmark this page for any further updates on SBI CBO Recruitment notifications. If you are also preparing for the SBI PO exam then you can level-up your preparation by taking free SBI PO Mock Tests at Embibe’s OnlineTyari platform. Taking these tests will help you to move in the right direction with your preparation.
We hope this article on SBI CBO Recruitment 2020 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. We will get back to you at the earliest.