SBI Clerk Study Plan: As the SBI Clerk Prelims ‘hype’ is settling down, motivated candidates are gearing up for the next level, which is SBI Clerk Mains. Around 1,50,000 students will be declared qualified for Mains Examination.
Hence, to ensure that you crack SBI Clerk Mains, a proper exam strategy must be there. Follow this SBI Clerk Study Plan for Mains Examination and try to cover maximum loopholes in your exam preparation.
How to Crack SBI Clerk Mains Examination 2016
Are you an SBI Aspirant who is planning to wait until SBI Clerk Prelims Results are declared? We hope not!
You need to have faith and also motivate yourself that you are going to qualify in SBI Clerk Prelims and advance to Mains Examination.
For SBI Clerk Prelims, the Selection Ratio will be around 1:8, but to compete in SBI Clerk Mains, the challenge intensifies. Now, the level of competition is between the Creamy Layer Only i.e. between those are well prepared for Mains Exam and are aiming for a fulltime clerical job in State Bank of India.
Since SBI Clerk Prelims is only Qualifying in Nature, SBI Clerk Mains will mark the beginning of actual competition because of actual score calculation for Final Merit List. The Exam Pattern of SBI Clerk Mains Examination will be as follows:
|Section Name||Questions||Marks||Duration (in mins.)|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35|
|Reasoning & Computer Ability||50||60||45|
So, we have laid the exam pattern in front of you. Do you still wish to wait or are you ready to take up the challenge, which is, how to crack SBI Clerk Mains Examination 2016? If you answer is Yes, proceed further and acquire the knowledge to do so.
SBI Clerk Study Plan for JA JAA Mains Examination
Great! Happy to know you decided to move further. Now, collect all the study material so you don’t have to repeat this activity every time you pick up a new topic. The Ideal Study Material for SBI Mains Preparation could be a Complete Guide Book that contains Study Material as well as Practice Set, both Sectional as well as Full Length Online Mock Tests.
Recommended: SBI Clerk Mains Practice Tests
To prepare for SBI Clerk Mains Examination, begin by following these 2 basic rules and then go for our Weekly Study Plan.
- The Exam Syllabus for common topics like Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language is near about the same for both Prelims and Mains Examination. You can read our Previous Section-Wise SBI Clerk Preparation Articles to know about essential topics for SBI Clerk Paper.
- For SBI Clerk Mains, both General/ Financial Awareness Section and Computer Awareness will be ‘Game Changer’ as most questions are less time consuming in their case.
Once you are brought in terms to these 2 simple rules, just try to add this Weekly SBI Clerk Study Plan in your Study Timetable.
Week 1: SBI Clerk Study Plan for Mains Examination
Here, we are generally talking about the First Week of June 2016. Only a limited number of candidates must haven’t attempted SBI Clerk Prelims by now.
- You must Dedicate this week towards read Financial Awareness, which will include – Economy (Basics, Terms and Theories), Banking Knowledge (Terms and theories, History, Current Changes) and Current Affairs related to Financial Institutes of India.
- Read Newspaper on a Daily Basis and try to cover 3 months Current Affairs. Anything beyond that shouldn’t be your concern anymore.
- Create Proper Revision Notes in the form of Bulletins that will be beneficial in Last Minute Revision.
Without proper revision, an examination as competitive as SBI Clerk cannot be cracked easily.
Week 2: SBI Clerk Study Plan for Mains Examination
By this time you must be in the second week of June and the pressure will start building up. Stay calm and proceed towards second week preparation tips and SBI Clerk Study Plan.
- The objective of this week should be revising the Reasoning Topics that you have already learnt but now, you have to intensify the practice. Try Questions with variable difficulty level to gain more clarity regarding the topics.
- Focus on Computer Awareness. The Important topics will be Computer Basics, History, MS Office, OS, Shortcuts used in Computer, hardware and Software etc.
- Topics like Syllogism and Derivation of Statement-Conclusion, Interference, Assumption are the most essential ones, don’t forget to cover them.
Attempt few Reasoning Section Practice Sets that will make you more familiar with this section.
Week 3: SBI Clerk Study Plan for Mains Examination
By now you will be just a few days away from SBI Clerk Mains Examination. This is what you should do in order to maximize your scores in Written Paper.
- Turn your attention towards English Language and Quantitative Aptitude Section. You need to work on both Speed Accuracy. 25% Reading and 75% Practice will be considered as the Ideal Practice to accomplish this process.
- Practice as much as you can as the Quantitative Section is the only section where you can attempt correctly if you know the application of the Formula. Topics like Quadratic Equations and Missing DI are the most Important Topics, don’t forget to cover those.
- Try to improve your vocabulary. Read English Newspaper and Learn 10-15 new words along with their daily usage.
Try out some of the Sectional Mock Tests for both English Language and Quantitative Aptitude Section of SBI Clerk Mains Examination.
With just a few days to go for SBI Clerk Mains Examination, look into these last minute tips to ensure that you score well.
- Be Confident – You are well prepared to tackle questions from each section. Dedicate the time you have towards “Analysis & Optimization” of your performance as this will make you stand ahead of others.
- Appear for as many Full Length Online Mock Tests with predefined time given for each section and then check the number of correct attempts.
- The strategy is clear here. You know that each section has a separate time for which the sectional window remain open. So, the only way to score higher will be “Increase in the Number of Accurate Attempts”.
- Analyze your performance after attempting each online mock tests and practice papers.
- Revise General Awareness, Financial and Computer Awareness for one hour daily so that you don’t miss out something that you already studied.
We conclude our article on SBI Clerk Study Plan for Mains Examination here. Our Final Tip for SBI Aspirants would be –
“It is always better to attempt 75% of questions with 100% accuracy than attempting 100% Questions with 75% accuracy as 0.25 negative counts for every wrong attempt is there.”
Be confident, Study Hard and believe in yourself. All the Best from OnlineTyari Team.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.