SBI PO Exam Analysis: The State Bank of India conducted the first ever 3 Tier Recruitment Paper for the post of Probationary Officer in the Year 2015. There was a lot of confusion regarding the New SBI PO Exam Pattern which made the Previous Year Paper a lot more challenging.
It was not easy to figure out Important Topics and Difficulty Level of Questions. But this time, in SBI PO Prelims 2016, candidates can avoid all the hassle by simply going through SBI PO Exam Analysis of Previous Year Paper (Prelims 2015).
We at OnlineTyari always wish to make things easy for aspirants. Keeping up with that promise, here is a detailed exam analysis for SBI PO Prelims 2015.
SBI PO Exam Analysis for Prelims 2015
For SBI PO Prelims 2015, a total of 100 questions were asked. There were 3 Sections, namely, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The Marking Scheme was as follows.
- 1 Mark for Each Correct Answer
- 0.25 Negative Mark for Each Wrong Answer
Recommended: SBI PO Prelims Mock Test Series
The total time duration was 60 minutes. Here is a detailed section-wise SBI PO Exam Analysis for Prelims 2015 Paper.
Reasoning Section: The overall level of the section was moderate. A well prepared candidate can attempt 17-18 Questions dedicating 20 Minutes to this section.
- Seating Arrangement(Circular- Inward & Outward) – 1 set
- Puzzle – 10 Questions – 2 set
- Syllogism (3 Statement ) – 1 set of 5
- Coding Decoding – 1 set of 5
- Inequality – 1 set of 5
- Blood Relation/ Directions – 5
Quantitative Aptitude Section: The overall level of the section was moderate. A well prepared candidate can attempt 19-20 Questions dedicating 25 Minutes to this section.
- Data Interpretation – 2 set that involves a lot of calculation
- Quadratic Equation –5
- Simplification – 2
- Speed Calculation – 3
- Number Series – 5
- SI/CI – 2
- Problem on Age – 3
- Speed & Time – 2
- Ratio & Proportion – 3
English Section: The overall level of the section was Easy. A well prepared candidate can attempt 20-21 Questions dedicating 15 Minutes to this section.
- Reading Comprehension – 10
- Cloze Test –5
- Sentence Correction – 5
- Para-jumbles – 5
- Spotting the Error – 5
After reading the analysis, read below to know the optimal time and number of good attempts required for a good score.
|Topic||Questions||Time (in mins)||Good Attempts|
SBI PO Cut Off 2016 (Prelims)
- Gen – 47.5
- OBC – 42.25
- SC -37.25
- ST – 19.75
SBI PO Sectional Cut Off 2016 (Prelims)
- Reasoning Ability – 9.75
- English Language – 5.75
- Quantitative Aptitude – 5.75
Few Insights from SBI PO 2015 Analysis
After analysing SBI PO Prelims 2015 paper, here are a few important points to ponder upon.
- The Paper level was moderate still the sectional cut-off was low.
- The overall cut off was moderate as per the competition in SBI PO Paper 2015.
- In 2015, only 2-3% of the candidates registered managed to Qualify the SBI PO Prelims.
- The recruitment was conducted for 2393 posts for which approximately 20 Lakhs candidates registered and appeared.
SBI PO 2016 is the second time hence the candidates have an idea about important topics under each section, Number of Safest Attempt, Overall score to Qualify. SBI PO Recruitment 2016 will be conducted for the recruitment of 2200 posts and the approx number of registered candidate will be 25-26 Lakhs.
Few Important Points for SBI PO 2016:
- Focus on topics that are asked frequently and cover the 80% portion of every section.
- Don’t waste much time in practicing higher level Questions means don’t practice CAT LR/DI for SBI PO Preparation.
- Maintain the time as mentioned according to the strategy. Don’t focus on any particular section as you have to clear Sectional Cut off as well as increase the overall score on the basis of your strengths.
For SBI PO Prelims 2016, we predict the following numbers as good attempts in each section of the written examination.
|Topic||Questions||Time (in mins.)||Good Attempts|
We hope this SBI PO Exam Analysis of Prelims 2015 Paper helps in understanding the exam pattern and questions in a better way.
Stay connected for more information regarding SBI PO Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best SBI PO Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.