Last 5 Day Revision Tips for SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam: SBI PO Mains 2017 is set to kick off in a few days time and the pressure of cracking it has been augmenting. The Mains Examination to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer will be conducted on 4th June 2017. The constant troubling question of how to study at the last minute must be surfacing in the minds of the aspirants during the final days of the d-day.
In this article, we will be providing a few handy and useful tips to help you in your SBI PO exam preparation. We have also mentioned some important topics for each section of the Mains exam so that you can give more attention to them instead of covering the whole vast syllabus again.
Before heading to the core, let us have a look at the exam pattern for the SBI PO Mains 2017.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2017
Let us outline the SBI PO Mains Pattern before we begin our Last 5 Day Revision Tips for SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam. Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. The pattern of Mains Objective Exam will be MCQ based. There will be 4 sections: Reasoning & Computer Knowledge, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. Each section will have separate time slots for each paper of the Mains examination. Let us formulate SBI PO Mains pattern in the table below:
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Duration (in mins.)|
|General/ Financial Awareness||40||40||35|
|Reasoning & Computer Awareness||45||60||60|
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Last 5 Day Revision Tips for SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam
Most of the students have one common question buzzing around their minds: What to do in this last week to give a finishing touch to SBI PO Mains preparation? Let us now head to the core of this article & provide you last 5 Day Revision Tips for SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam. Scroll down for Day-wise revision schedule along with the essential tips:
SBI PO Mains Revision Day#1
- Practice Reading Comprehension: Try to skim/ scan through the paragraph as quickly as possible. Make sure you mark all the essential words as you read along. The First and Last Paragraph are crucial. Most cases, they help navigate the central theme of the passage. In case you are stuck with an impossible set of sentences, it is recommended that you skip and move to the next section.
- Analytical Reasoning: The only way to excel in this section is practice more and more. Questions based on Cause and effect, statement and assumption, statement and inference, Course of action, statement and arguments, critical reasoning are asked from this section. You need to have a strong base to be able to solve these questions quickly with decent accuracy.
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie-chart): A candidate must be thorough with Table (at least up to 50), Squares, Cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa. Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion. Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
- Revise Current Affairs of last six months.
SBI PO Mains Revision Day#2
- Practice Paragraph Completion Questions: Most candidates miss out a crucial detail and this results in selecting the wrong option. All the sentences need to be in proper sync to make the paragraph meaningful. Locate any break in continuity. Any option which breaks the continuity at any point will be the wrong option. Detect the Overall Tone. The tone of the passage will directly help understand the outcome/ conclusion. Keep that in mind while solving paragraph completion questions.
- Solve Reasoning Puzzles & Seating Arrangement: Questions from this section are also sometimes mixed up with other topics like blood relation, direction, seating arrangement etc. Mostly 1 puzzle consisting 5 questions comes from this topic. Most people get scared by the length of the puzzles and don’t attempt them. But once the candidates get the puzzle, it is very easy to solve it. Practicing 10 to 15 different sets of puzzles can help the candidates to score well in this section.
- Data Sufficiency: Read the given problem. Don’t assume anything except universal facts. Take the first statement and combine it with the main statement. Try to find the answer. If you are unable to find the answer using 2nd step then combine the second statement and combine it with the main statement and try to find the answer. If you are unable to find an answer using the second statement then add both statements with the main statement and try to find the answer. If even now you can’t find the answer, simply tick both statements are insufficient.
- Revise Banking Awareness.
SBI PO Mains Revision Day#3
- Sentence Connector Questions: Build a relation on Tenses. Questions based on Sentence Connector mostly rely on coherence in tenses. Make sure each sentence maintains that. The Tone remains unchanged. No matter what happens, the overall tone needs to be fluid throughout. Identify critical prepositions and connectors. In each sentence, there will be 1-2 binding words which will directly point out to a definitive sentence. Find them and check if they fit in the right order.
- Input/ Output: Input/ Output section comes with a word and number arrangement machine question, when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. There is much possibility that this topic will cover 3 questions of double sided arrangement. So, a candidate is advised to practice accordingly.
- Repeat DI: Data Interpretation is expected to cover a major chunk of questions. You need to practice DI again. Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion. Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
SBI PO Mains Revision Day#4
- Miscellaneous English: Spare hours for other topics like Sentence Exclusion, Synonyms & Antonyms. Dedicate time to each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one topic.
- Miscellaneous Reasoning: Revise other important topics you think you are weak at. You are advised to do more practice by using the reasoning shortcut tricks for miscellaneous questions. Try to solve to solve problems in a lesser time. The other important topics left for the fourth day are Decision Making, Data Sufficiency, Computer Knowledge etc
- Miscellaneous Maths: You are advised to do more practice by using the quant shortcut tricks for miscellaneous questions. The other important topics include Time& work, Speed & Distance, Probability, Inequality etc. It is advisable to learn tables and squares till 50, cube till 15, cube roots up to 10 and fractions up to 15. With the exam pressure in your head, it would act as a booster if you know the answer to any of the questions beforehand. Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- Revise General Awareness
SBI PO Mains Revision Day#5
Spend the whole day in solving previous year question papers & mock tests. You can try the below given mock tests. This will help you identify the minimum number of questions that you should attempt accurately, in order to qualify this exam.
“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.”
By practicing papers, you can check your level of preparation for SBI Mains. Besides, it helps you in command over the subject, speed in writing the exam and knowing strong and weak areas.
SBI PO Mains Exam 2017: Common Tips
- Speed along with Accuracy will play a key role in determining your score in this exam. Reasoning, Maths, English & General Awareness will have separate time slots for each paper of the Mains examination.
- Incase you are stuck with an impossible set of puzzles, it is recommended that you skip and move to the next part.
- Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve the above-given question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- For Descriptive exam, write your essay and get it evaluated by your friends, so that you can work on weak portion. Try to write what you know about the topic as many students write whatever comes to their minds and it will affect their marks even after writing too much. Remember, you need to qualify descriptive as well in order to appear for SBI PO Interviews.
We hope this article provides you with useful information on SBI PO Mains Revision Tips 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding SBI PO Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best SBI PO Exam Preparation App for free.