SBI PO Mains 20 Days Study Plan 2018: State Bank of India is one of the oldest and most trusted banks of India. Getting a job in SBI is almost like a dream come true. SBI conducts the national level recruitment exam for the appointment of Probationary Officers.
We, at OnlineTyari, completely understand the significance of this exam for you. We believe that it is the high time to start your preparations. That is why, we have formulated the most appropriate SBI PO Mains Study Plan 2018 for the remaining days.
SBI PO Mains: 20 Days Study Plan
The exam is scheduled in the month of August. We expect that by now, you must have prepared all the important topics related to SBI PO mains exam. Below are some important tips and important topics from each section. You need to keep your focus on these topics and Practice. But first, let us discuss the exam pattern first
Phase – II: Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
(i) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Test||Name of the test||No. of Qs.||Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|III||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40 minutes|
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
A penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at the corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Quantitative section is completely based on practice as in this you required good speed with accuracy, which can only be achieved by practice.
- The calculation becomes an important part to increase speed so focus more on speedy calculation by doing is mentally and by short tricks.
- Learn the basic concepts first and start with the easy level of questions.
- The trick to score marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section is to attempt the questions from the topics like Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After that, go for Data Interpretation as this is the topic which comprises of approx. 50% of the paper. Also, now the DI is coming which is based on arithmetic topics so it becomes important to have good command on some of the arithmetic topics like Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, SI and CI.
- Rest questions will be from miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, probability, Mensuration, etc. So if you are good with miscellaneous topics then you can go for this too.
Data Interpretation |Time and work |Number Series |Probability |Percentage |
- This section as this section is scoring one if you have control over basics.
- The trick to attempt maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- There are some topics go for them first likes Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Inequality, Input-output, and Series based questions from which the set of 4-5 questions are there so, if you master these topics then defiantly you will be landing on the safer side.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to solve and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
- Practice more and more puzzles because weightage of puzzles is more. Almost every time a puzzle and sitting arrangement comes with 4-5 questions and there are 4-5 sets. So, overall 50% of the paper comprises of puzzle and sitting arrangement.
- Don’t get too engrossed in any question in the actual examination as you’ll have other questions to attempt as well. If you feel they are too time-consuming, a smart choice will be to skip them.
Puzzle and sitting arrangement |Input-Output |Coding Decoding | Syllogism |Logical Reasoning.
- English is not a subject but a Language and one needs proper time in order to get used to a Language. So every student have his/her own strategy to score good in this.
- As we know English of banking exams is more based on your reading skills so improve it by daily reading relevant thing rather than mastering yourself in grammar as you don’t have that much of time.
- If you are good at vocab and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that vocab and phrases based questions first and then the questions that need a deeper penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test and error detections are subject verb agreement, preposition and verbs. These topics may help you do some other questions too that will be based on grammar.
Reading Comprehension | Cloze Test | Error Detection | Idioms and Phrases |Para Jumble | Sentence Completion |
- This section is one of the most important section because its very easy to score marks in this subject if we go through a proper plan. Watch current affair videos daily, read pdf and newspaper and note down important points and revise them on regular basis.
- Attempt quizzes and mocks to master this section.
Day-Wise Study Plan For SBI PO Mains
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Day 1||Syllogism (Reverse)||Data Interpretation||Fillers and Cloze Test (New Pattern)||Sectional Test|
|Day 2||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Para Jumble|
|Day 3||Coding Decoding (New Pattern)||Data Interpretation||Reading Comprehension||Sectional Test|
|Day 4||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Simplification and Approx.||Error Detection (New Pattern)|
|Day 5||Data Sufficiency||Data Interpretation||—||Mock 1|
|Day 6||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Quadratic Equation (New Pattern)||Para Completion|
|Day 7||Input-Output||Data Sufficiency||Reading Comprehension||Mock 2|
|Day 8||Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation||Error Detection (New Pattern)|
|Day 9||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Miscellaneous Topics||—||Mock 3|
|Day 10||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||Data Interpretation||—|
|Day 11||Blood Relation, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking||Miscellaneous Topics||Fillers and Cloze Test (New Pattern)||Sectional Test|
|Day 12||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||—||Para Completion|
|Day 13||Input-Output||Data Interpretation||—||Mock 4|
|Day 14||Puzzle And Seating Arrangement||—||Error Detection (New Pattern)|
|Day 15||Logical Reasoning||Miscellaneous Topics||Reading Comprehension||Sectional Test|
|Day 16||—||Data Interpretation||Error Detection (New Pattern)||Mock 5|
|Day 17||—||Miscellaneous Topics||Reading Comprehension||Mock 6|
|Day 18||Mock 7|
|Day 19||Mock 8|
|Day 20||Mock 9, Mock 10|
OnlineTyari PLUS to specially assist you to overcome competitive exam hurdles and save your hard-earned rupees. OnlineTyari PLUS is a one-stop-shop for all aspirants preparing for government exams.
Benefits of Tyari plus
- Unlimited Access to Mock Tests
- Detailed performance report
- One free counseling session
- Free monthly current affairs digest
- Ad-free experience & more