The State Bank of India will commence the SBI PO Recruitment process in the coming month. According to the official notification, the total number of vacancies amount to 2000for the upcoming examination.
In order to secure good marks and qualify SBI PO Prelims, here are some essential tips on SBI PO Prelims Quantitative Aptitude preparation which will help you to attempt SBI Exam efficiently.
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude: Tips and Tricks
Quantitative Aptitude Tests evaluate the numerical ability and problem-solving skills of candidates. This test forms the major part of a number of important entrance exams for different fields
Strengthen Your Basics
Solving any type of quant-based problem involves a proper understanding of how the system works. You need to know the root of the problem in order to begin the solving process.
Memorize Short Tricks, Tables, Fractions
You will probably have less than 2-3 minutes to solve any type of question. Make sure you don’t waste that in excess calculating or taking a longer route. Try and memorize tables up to 20, squares and cubes up to 30 and conversion values of the commonly used fraction to decimal and vice versa. Knowing this while solving arithmetic based problems will definitely boost your speed in the paper.
Time Management in Calculative Questions
This is a very specific query. How to solve questions involving calculations? As we have stated above, learning shortcut methods like memorizing squares, cubes and common fraction to decimals can be great in such questions.
But, if there is a chance that error can occur, you may skip such questions and devote that time towards solving questions from other topics. Remember, the question to time ratio is less than 1.
Practice and Solve Mock Tests/ Sample Papers
This will help you to be aware of the pattern and structure of the exam. Always follow a systematic approach.
- Data Interpretation is expected to cover some length of the paper. You need to practice Data Interpretation. Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion. Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
- You are advised to do more practice by using the quant shortcut tricks for miscellaneous questions. Important topics include Time & work, Speed & Distance, Number System, Profit & Loss, etc. It is advisable to learn tables and squares till 50, cube till 15, cube roots up to 10 and fractions up to 15. With the exam pressure in your head, it would act as a booster if you know the answer to any of the questions beforehand. Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- The more you practice the more you’ll remember. Use direct formulas and apply them right away. Just by looking at the question, you will be able to create a mental figure and find the correct answer in a matter of a few seconds. Needless to say that a lot of questions from geometry can be solved just by making the figure according to the question and guessing the approximate values.
- Try to minimize the time dedicated to each section so that you can use that time in Quantitative aptitude section. It involves calculation but the results can be achieved with 100% accuracy.
- Make a concise version of your learning by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- Spend some time in solving previous year question papers & mock tests. This will help you identify the minimum number of questions that you should attempt accurately, in order to qualify this exam.
Here we conclude our article, Stay connected for the latest updates.