SBI PO Prelims 2019, Important Topics of Quantitative Aptitude: The State Bank of India will commence the SBI PO Recruitment process in the coming
The Quantitative Aptitude Section is basically the test of the calculative and Interpretative part of the Candidate. This section consists of 35 Questions. This section seems to be a bit
Quantitative Aptitude: Important Topics
Tips to keep in mind while solving simplification questions
- Set a timer whenever solving Simplification(even when practicing.) Take small timed tests, 15 questions in 30 mins, etc.
- Don’t go beyond your capability. It might take days to increase your level, but slow and steady wins the race. Start with the basics, start with the older, easier sums and practice them.
- Good knowledge of the basic simplification and algebraic concepts from the high school level will be crucial in solving these questions faster.
- Regularly practicing timed-tests really helps in revising concepts and perform better under time pressure.
Number Series is a very important topic of any Aptitude Test. A series is solved by particular number series tricks, formulas, attitudes of a person. There are various types of series present in the exam. Series can be of many types of Numbers like Natural numbers, Whole numbers, Contagious numbers etc. Today we are presenting you some tips and tricks to solve Number Series Problems Quickly.
To achieve a perfect score while attempting questions based on Number Series, here are a few essential tips and tricks you must keep in mind.
- Remember to first attempt the sections/topics that you are most confident about. Then move on to Average and Difficult questions. This way, even if you run out of time, you would have covered most of the questions that you will score well in.
- Have some fundamentals, such as formulas and square roots. Write down them on an A4 sheet and paste the sheet near your reading desk so that you can review on daily basis.
- Take Sectional Tests to understand which strategy is working for you. A good practice is always have a look at all the questions before attempting so that you will get familiarity with the questions
To master this area, you need to combine skills with strategy. This section tests your ability to interpret and comprehend graphical data and then answer the questions that follow. What is essential is that you need to have an idea of all the types of questions that are asked, so that you can attempt them in the correct manner.
- A candidate must be thorough with Table (at least up to 50), Squares, cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa.
- Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are time & work, percentage, averages & ratio proportion.
- Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time.
Study the graph/ table/ chart carefully and pay attention to all the details. Compare the solution with the given options with caution, sometimes options are almost the same or nearby.
There are various methods to solve Quad equations. One of the methods is to directly solve for roots of the equation. However, you will be getting less than 1 minute to solve any type of question. Hence, we will suggest you make use of other short-tricks like analyzing the signs of the equation to infer the signs of the roots. Instead of giving simple quad equations, SBI may give two variable questions & ask you to solve & compare the variables. An easier way to solve these questions is to simply the given equations such that the coefficients of a particular variable become equal. This can be done by multiplying equations with constants.
Here we conclude our article, we will come up with more important topics for reasoning and english.