SBI PO Prelims Last Minute Preparation Tips 2018: You are a few days away for SBI PO preliminary examinations 2018. Now, Banking candidates are preparing themselves for the final battle. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination if he/she wants to work as a Bank PO in State Bank of India. SBI PO prelim exams are scheduled to be held on 1st, 7th & 8th July 2018.
In order to boost your confidence, here are a few SBI PO Last Minute Preparation Tips which every aspirant must follow. Firstly, let’s revisit the exam pattern for SBI PO 2018.
SBI PO Prelims Last Minute Preparation Tips 2018
The State Bank of India has introduced some major changes this year in SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern. This Year SBI has Introduced has major pattern changes in it, i.e., sectional timings (20 minutes for each section) for the three different sections (English, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude).
Tier I: Preliminary examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Name of test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
Some highlights of the changes made in the exam pattern are given below:
- Each section of the Prelims exam will now have a separate time slot (20 Minutes each).
- Also, there will not be any sectional or overall cut-off.
- An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank will be shortlisted for the Mains Exam from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
Follow these last minute preparation tips for each section to get yourself pumped-up for SSC CPO (Phase 1) Examination
Reasoning Section will comprise of 35 Questions. Don’t try to overburden yourself starting new topics.
- Most of the candidates consider Reasoning as their strength.
- Revise and Practice topics mentioned in the Previous Exam Analysis again and again.
- Dedicate a pre-decided time to reasoning section so that you can clear the cut-off as well as score higher in the Overall Examination.
This is the only sections where you can attempt with 100% accuracy and this one of the scoring section. This section will consist of 35 Questions including DI and other Arithmetic Topics.
- Learning Tables, Squares and Cubes of up to 20 will decrease your time while solving Questions.
- Direct Formulas and Short tricks for topics like SI&CI, Time & Work, Time & Distance etc. will be helpful in saving time.
- Dedicate a pre-decided time to Quantitative Aptitude section so that you can clear the cut-off as well as score higher in the Overall Examination.
- Practice and Revise topics that cover the section maintaining the Level of the Questions. Don’t go for tough Questions (Level III)
- Reading the Question will give you an Idea of the Solving time of the Question; if it is solvable within 1 min go for it else leave it. Don’t get stuck to a particular Question.
A number of candidates find this portion of the paper tricky. The Important Topics for English Section for almost all the Recruitment Examinations are same. This section is basically a test of Vocabulary and Basics of English.
- Practice Questions form frequent topics like Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Spotting the Error, Fill in the Blanks etc.
- Don’t try to make many Guesses in this section as well as Guesses will lead you Uncertainty.
- Don’t try to solve the complete RC in one go, give it a second run and the ideal way will be clearing reading the RC ones, going through all the Questions, solving the Questions and then Reading it once again and solving the Questions that are still unanswered
Now, have a look at these SBI PO Last minute preparation tips and tricks to avoid mistakes and to successfully crack the SBI PO online examination.
No heavy preparations
It’s usually seen that when you engage in heavy preparation last moment you tend to get mixed up and build up undue stress which, again, is not what you would want to do.
Attempt Mock Test
Competitive examinations cannot be cracked if you try to learn something new during the last days of your preparation time. What you should be doing right now is trying to attempt mock tests of various competitive exams. Solve them in time 10% less than what would be given to you. This is to consider the time you would lose due to exam pressure. After you’re finished check the answers of only those questions which you had attempted or had thought you could have done if time was available. Do not waste time on questions which you didn’t have any idea about.
Self-evaluation is very Important
Studying alone doesn’t make your preparation complete. You must evaluate yourself time-to-time for an effective preparation. You must write sample papers for the competitive exam you are preparing for.
It’s a very tricky yet best hack. Especially, when you’re panicking. Don’t say “Stop Panicking” to your dear little mind. It’s not a good command follower, it’s going to do just the opposite.
On a side note – Make sure you get ample sleep in the last week as it will help in reducing your stress levels. And, as a final read
Online TyariPLUS to specially assist you to overcome competitive exam hurdles and save your hard-earned rupees. OnlineTyari PLUS is a one-stop-shop for all aspirants preparing for government exams.
Benefits of TyariPLUS
- Unlimited Access to Mock Tests
- Detailed performance report
- One free counseling session
- Free monthly current affairs digest
- Ad-free experience & more