How to Score 70+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018: Recently, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection declared the admit card for the upcoming preliminary examination. IBPS will conduct its first round of recruitment process of Clerks in different Public Sector Banks spread across the country in the month of December i.e 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th December 2018.
In today’s article, we will provide you tips and tricks on How to secure 70+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018. Lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
Achieve 70+ in IBPS Clerk with FREE Mock Test Series
We will all agree to the statement “A well-planned preparation with a clear strategy adds to your chances of success”. For the first time, OnlineTyari has made 13 Mock test live which you can attempt for FREE!! It is not just enough to take a single mock test; you should rather take several mock tests during the course of your preparation so that you are able to evaluate your progress and are ready to take right actions wherever necessary.
If you are appearing for IBPS Clerk examination 2018, check out our mock test series designed specifically keeping in mind the respective syllabus and exam pattern
|Mock Test||No. of Questions||Links to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 1 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Quantitative Aptitude Test (FREE)||35||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 2 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: English Language Test (FREE)||30||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Previous Year Paper 2017 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Reasoning Ability Test (FREE)||35||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Previous Year Paper 2016 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 3 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 4 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 5 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 6 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Test 7 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
|IBPS Clerk Pre: Expected Paper 1 (FREE)||100||Click Here to Attempt|
Let us move further with the section-wise preparation tips to score 70+ marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
Section-Wise Preparation tips
For a score above 70+ marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018, here are a few preparation tips for all IBPS Aspirants to follow.
English Language (19-22 attempts in 20 Minutes)
It is recommended to attempt English Section first, in order to score good marks, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- IBPS Clerk English Language Section is predominantly filled with RC questions. Hence, to secure good marks, you need to be a pro at solving reading comprehension question.
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restore the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
Quantitative Aptitude (24-27 attempts in 20 Minutes)
Always make sure that your basic concepts for all the topics are very clear. Don’t leave any topic as questions are present from anywhere. If your basics are clear, you will be able to answer all questions in general.
- To score good marks, attempt the topic which is more scoring like Number series, quadratic equation.
- Data Interpretation contains the maximum number of questions. It involves a lot of calculation that consumes a major portion of your time, try to apply as many shortcut techniques as you can. For this, you can also learn speed or Vedic mathematics if possible. Many of the questions have where a lot of text is provided regarding the information of the question. So, always make it a habit to read the question carefully. If you understand the question, you are halfway through calculating the answer.
Reasoning Ability (29-32 Attempts in 20 Minutes)
- Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in IBPS Clerk Examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyze the total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
Tips to Remember
- Cover Complete Syllabus: We are having a sufficient amount of time to cover the whole syllabus. Don’t try to be choosy if you having sufficient time.
- Study as per Importance of Topic and Exam pattern: Dedicate time to the topic according to the real exam scenario. Just focus on the Exam pattern initially. You have sufficient time.
- All Section are Equally Important: Don’t focus much on each section. Prepare each section with full dedication. Each section is important. Its obvious that one section is your strengths so you might be biased but make sure that you prepare other section as well so that you might clear the sectional cut-off with good score.
- Make Short Notes: Writing things always put a better impact than mere reading it. This will help you in preparing a common source to read as well as making your learning easy.
- Reading and Practice: Start with reading the study material related to the topic and then start practicing it. This will be a single approach process only “Reading followed by Practising.” An Ideal approach might be inclusive of 25% Reading of Topic and then 75% Practice (25% Questions of Each Level)
- Sufficient Study material Try to collect all the study material in one go. Don’t Run here and there cumulating the correct study material.
We hope that these Mock Tests for IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation gives you both direction as well as motivation to prepare in right manner.