How to Score 70+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel will be conducting IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam in the month of November 2018. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination if he/she wants to work as a Bank Clerk in a prominent Public Sector Bank.
In today’s article, we will provide you tips and tricks on How to secure 70+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018. Let us first discuss the changes made in the prelims exam pattern this year and then understand the relevance of each section in clerk Prelims 2018.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The Recruitment Process involved for IBPS CWE Clerk VIII is a 2 Tier Process i.e. Preliminary Written Examination and Mains Written Examination. A candidate needs to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. Let us try and understand each level.
IBPS Clerk Tier I: Prelims Written Examination
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for IBPS Clerk Prelims will be conducted in an objective pattern (same as before). There will be 100 questions in total and 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be a sectional and overall cutoff.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
Lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
IBPS Clerk Prelims: Expected Number of Questions from Various Topics
From each topic, there will be questions which can easy to extremely difficult to solve. But, there is an index which can help us understand the importance of each section according to the number of question asked under each topic
English Language in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
English Section is the test of Vocabulary and the English skills but IBPS Clerk Prelims English Section is much tougher in comparison to the other competitive Examination.
The section consists of 30 Questions and might be the easiest and scoring section for one having good knowledge of English. List of topics that covers the major portion is as follows:
- Reading Comprehension: 6-7 Questions
- Errors (Incorrect/Correct): 8 Questions
- Single Fillers (Multiple Words may fit the blank): 5 Questions
- Phrases Replacement: 5 Questions
- Sentence Rearrangement/Word Usage: 5 Questions
The classification has been prepared according to previous years papers as well as other contributing factors. We hope you will be able to make out the essential topics for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018.
Reasoning Ability in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
The Reasoning Sections there in the paper in order to test the General Intellectual Level and Logical Analysis ability of the candidate.
The Section will comprise of 35 Questions. The list of topics that covers the major portion is as follows:
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement: 15 Questions
- Alpha Numeric: 5 Questions
- Direction Sense: 3 Questions
- Blood Relation: 1-2 Questions
- Data Sufficiency: 2-3 Questions
- Coding Decoding: 2 Questions
- Numerical Series: 4-5 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
The Quantitative Aptitude Section is basically the test of the calculative and Interpretative part of the Candidate.
This section consists of 35 Questions. This section seems to be a bit lengthy as it involves Long Calculations and Data Interpretation Questions where the data has to be analyzed. Only Practice can help you master this section. List of topics that covers the major portion is as follows:
- DI: 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equations: 4-5 Questions
- Simplification: 6-8 Questions
- Profit & Loss: 1-2 Questions
- Mensuration: 2 Questions
- Time, Speed & Distance: 1 Question
- Trains: 1 Question
- SI & CI: 1 Question
- Quantity 1- Quantity 2: 4-5 Questions
- Time and Work: 1 Question
Let us move further with the section-wise preparation tips to score 70+ marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
Score 70+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018: Section-Wise Preparation tips
For a score above 70+ marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018, here are a few preparation tips for all IBPS Aspirants to follow.
English Language (19-22 attempts in 20 Minutes)
It is recommended to attempt English Section first, in order to score good marks, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- IBPS Clerk English Language Section is predominantly filled with RC questions. Hence, to secure good marks, you need to be a pro at solving reading comprehension question.
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restore the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
Quantitative Aptitude (24-27 attempts in 20 Minutes)
Always make sure that your basic concepts for all the topics are very clear. Don’t leave any topic as questions are present from anywhere. If your basics are clear, you will be able to answer all questions in general.
- To score good marks, attempt the topic which is more scoring like Number series, quadratic equation.
- Data Interpretation contains the maximum number of questions. It involves a lot of calculation that consumes a major portion of your time, try to apply as many shortcut techniques as you can. For this, you can also learn speed or Vedic mathematics if possible. Many of the questions have where a lot of text is provided regarding the information of the question. So, always make it a habit to read the question carefully. If you understand the question, you are halfway through calculating the answer.
Reasoning Ability (29-32 Attempts in 20 Minutes)
- Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in IBPS Clerk Examination.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyze the total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
Tips to Remember
- Cover Complete Syllabus: We are having a sufficient amount of time to cover the whole syllabus. Don’t try to be choosy if you having sufficient time.
- Study as per Importance of Topic and Exam pattern: Dedicate time to the topic according to the real exam scenario. Just focus on the Exam pattern initially. You have the sufficient time.
- All Section are Equally Important: Don’t focus much on each section. Prepare each section with full dedication. Each section is important. Its obvious that one section is your strengths so you might be biased but make sure that you prepare other section as well so that you might clear the sectional cut-off with good score.
- Make Short Notes: Writing things always put a better impact than mere reading it. This will help you in preparing a common source to read as well as making your learning easy.
- Reading and Practice: Start with reading the study material related to the topic and then start practicing it. This will be a single approach process only “Reading followed by Practising.” An Ideal approach might be inclusive of 25% Reading of Topic and then 75% Practice (25% Questions of Each Level)
- Sufficient Study material Try to collect all the study material in one go. Don’t Run here and there cumulating the correct study material.
Preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims?? Here are our Recommended Mock Tests