Short Tricks to Learn Synonyms for SSC CGL/ CPO 2018: Both SSC CGL and SSC CPO have been dominating exams, which recruit only the best of the best. The Staff Selection Commission will be conducting the SSC SI/ ASI & Combined Graduate Level Examination for the recruitment of Group B and C candidates to various government institutes in the coming months.
English Section of the SSC CGL/ CPO Recruitment Examination is considered as a major score booster by a majority of candidates. Still, there are a few aspirants who are completely dreaded by the questions based on Synonyms. To help them, we are providing a list of handy synonyms for some important words along with the tricks to learn them.
Top 10 Synonyms: Day 3
Synonyms are words that are similar or have a related meaning, to another word. They can be lifesavers when you want to avoid repeating the same word over and over. Also, sometimes the word you have in mind might not be the most appropriate word, which is why finding the right synonym can come in handy.
hesitate or be unwilling to accept an idea or undertaking.
synonyms -eschew, resist
trick -Balk sounds like “Block”
I Blocked his idea of going there.
the use of deception or subterfuge to achieve one’s purpose.
synonyms – trickery, deception, deceit
trick – chicanery sounds like shikari who uses means of deception to trick animals into his traps.
– roll about or lie in mud or water.
synonyms– Rollick, Revel
trick – buffalo likes to wallow itself in mud.
utterly; wipe out.
synonyms-annihilate, exterminate, extirpate, demolish, eliminate.
trick – After demolition of building, only littered are left.
-a general feeling of discomfort
synonyms-unhappiness, restlessness, uneasiness, unease.
trick – If i find “Malai” while having milk, i dont feel like drinking more.
synonyms– withdraw, erase
trick -wash your face to erase dust.
having an extremely offensive smell, bad for the well-being of the body.
synonyms -insalubrious, noxious, sickly, unhealthful, unhealthy, unwholesome.
trick – Noise in your nose = Bad smell.
annoyance or distress at having failed or been humiliated.
synonyms annoyance, irritation, vexation.
trick – when in a meeting,jab CHAI GIR gayi on my trouser it makes me very embarrassing.
expressing contempt or disapproval
synonyms disparaging, derogatory
trick – Pazzero se chalne wale log disparage others.
not genuine; fraudulent
synonyms sham, false, fake
trick few phone calls were fake.
That’s all for the day! Stay tuned with us for the rest of the topic that we will discuss day by day.
- Inculcate Eclectic Reading in your routine. Reading from various sources like textbooks, novels, blogs etc. helps in building a versatile vocabulary.
- Maintain a separate notebook. Whenever you come across an essential/ important/ new word, make sure you enter this in your notebook for future use.
- Understand Word Usage from Dictionary. Since there is literally an infinite number of words, it is advisable to learn the usage of words from the dictionary based on alphabet breakdown and combination.
- Try and build sentences using Synonyms. It is considered a better learning exercise to introduce various synonyms in your daily vocabulary for faster learning.
- Mug up the most commonly used Synonyms. Based on previous years papers and other bank exams, you can make a list of most commonly used words and learn them by heart.
OnlineTyari PLUS to specially assist you to overcome competitive exam hurdles and save your hard-earned rupees. OnlineTyari PLUS is a one-stop-shop for all aspirants preparing for government exams.
Benefits of Tyari plus
- Unlimited Access to Mock Tests
- Detailed performance report
- One free counseling session
- Free monthly current affairs digest
- Ad-free experience & more