Short Tricks to Learn Synonyms for SSC CGL/ CPO 2018: Both SSC CGL and SSC CPO have been dominating exams, which recruit only the best of the best. The Staff Selection Commission will be conducting the SSC SI/ ASI & Combined Graduate Level Examination for the recruitment of Group B and C candidates to various government institutes in the coming months.
English Section of the SSC CGL/ CPO Recruitment Examination is considered as a major score booster by a majority of candidates. Still, there are a few aspirants who are completely dreaded by the questions based on Synonyms. To help them, we are providing a list of handy synonyms for some important words along with the tricks to learn them.
Top 10 Synonyms: Day 2
Synonyms are words that are similar or have a related meaning, to another word. They can be lifesavers when you want to avoid repeating the same word over and over. Also, sometimes the word you have in mind might not be the most appropriate word, which is why finding the right synonym can come in handy.
complain about something in a persistent, irritating way
Synonyms – objection, ache, moan
You must complain to the seller if the grapes are not ripen.
Synonyms – Doctrine,lecture,oration
Trick– Coward people can give lecture at home only instead of doing outside.
showing great attention to detail or correct behaviour
Synonyms – meticulous, conscientious, heedful
Trick– A punctual person is always punctilious.
Synonyms -Pious, sanctimonious
My friend belongs to a brahman family, his every sentence is full of moral values.
insolent or insulting language or treatment.
Synonyms – Vilification,abuse,scorn, Defamation.
Trick–Contumely sounds like = Kaun Tu meri.
He insulted her girlfriend in front of his friends by asking her “Kaun Tu meri”.
a conference between opposing sides in a dispute, especially a discussion of terms for an armistice.
Synonyms -negotiation, meeting, talk
Trick During meeting at his home, his wife offered us Tea with Parley-G biscuit.
a false representation of something
Synonyms – Parody,mockery,satire,caricature
Trick-while traveling with friends, we love to do mockery.
Synonyms – bright, hopeful, propitious
Trick -roses are always bright in color.
reputation gained by ability or achievement
Synonyms – reputation, repute, standing, status, position, prestige, distinction,
Trick– statues are always made for reputed people.
Synonyms – useful,accessory
Trick – Studying with Onlinetyari will be conducive to your career.
That’s all for the day! Stay tuned with us for the rest of the topic that we will discuss day by day.
- Inculcate Eclectic Reading in your routine. Reading from various sources like textbooks, novels, blogs etc. helps in building a versatile vocabulary.
- Maintain a separate notebook. Whenever you come across an essential/ important/ new word, make sure you enter this in your notebook for future use.
- Understand Word Usage from Dictionary. Since there is literally an infinite number of words, it is advisable to learn the usage of words from the dictionary based on alphabet breakdown and combination.
- Try and build sentences using Synonyms. It is considered a better learning exercise to introduce various synonyms in your daily vocabulary for faster learning.
- Mug up the most commonly used Synonyms. Based on previous years papers and other bank exams, you can make a list of most commonly used words and learn them by heart.
OnlineTyari PLUS to specially assist you to overcome competitive exam hurdles and save your hard-earned rupees. OnlineTyari PLUS is a one-stop-shop for all aspirants preparing for government exams.
Benefits of Tyari plus
- Unlimited Access to Mock Tests
- Detailed performance report
- One free counseling session
- Free monthly current affairs digest
- Ad-free experience & more