SSC CGL Application Form 2016: The Staff Selection Commission has been receiving an overwhelming response this year. A lot of candidates have already submitted their application form for upcoming SSC CGL 2016 Examination. As discussed in our SSC CGL How to Apply article, the application will be submitted online. Are you facing any difficulties while filling the application form for SSC CGL 2016? If yes, just have a look at these common errors, doubts and queries faced by fellow SSC aspirants while filling SSC CGL Application Form 2016. We have also provided a definitive solution for each query.
Please note that these set of questions, doubts or queries have been submitted by users. Only the ones mentioned by most users have been entered here.
SSC CGL Application Form 2016: Common Errors, Doubts and Issues
As we discussed earlier in our SSC CGL application process post, the application will be submitted in 2 parts. You need to complete both in order to appear for SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016.
1. What if any column of Part-I or Part-II remains unfilled?
Ans. The SSC CGL Application Form 2016 will be considered incomplete if information in the mandatory fields have not been entered by the SSC aspirant. The application form will be rejected by SSC in the final screening before issuing the Admit Card and the candidate will not be able to sit in the written examination.
2. What if I completed the Registration Part-I and didn’t note the Registration Number. How can I resume the process for Registration Part-II of SSC CGL Application Form 2016 ?
Ans. After completion of SSC CGL Application Form Part 1, a completion receipt having all the basic information will be displayed. All SSC Aspirants are advised to save that page as Registration Number is one of the Mandatory fields that are to be filled in order to start the Registration Part-II of SSC CGL Application Form 2016.
If you haven’t saved the Registration number, you will not be able to continue the process. You have to start with a fresh Registration Process.
3. What is the Post Preference if I am an Engineer (Any Trade)?
Ans. In SSC CGL 2016 Application Form, there is no specific post preference for engineers. The basic educational qualification required is mostly a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institute.
But if you wish to read about specific post preference criteria, have a look at these articles.
- SSC CGL 2016 Post Preferences for Male Candidate: Click here
- SSC CGL 2016 Post Preferences for Female Candidate: Click here
These article contain full explanation for selecting and filling post preferences.
4. What is the change in the Age Limit Eligibility Criteria for the SSC CGL 2016?
Ans. According to the new directives issued by Staff Selection Commission, the age is calculated as on 01.01.2016 (1 January 2016). This mean a lot of candidates will now be eligible to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2016.
5. What if I made any mistake while filling SSC CGL Application Form. Is Editing in any column possible or not after complete submission?
Ans. This is perhaps the most asked question or query. We would like to inform all SSC candidates that No Editing is allowed after the final submission. You will have to submit a new application.
6. I tried to upload the photograph and signature but every time it shows error. Is this a mandatory field, if yes how can I resolve it?
Ans. In SSC CGL Application Form 2016, Uploading Photograph and Signature are the mandatory fields. If you are not able to upload the same after trying many times., it is certain that either there is issue in Size or Dimension. You can check the required dimension and size on the same page.
For Resizing the Dimension and size, you can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2007 or any other tool.
The steps to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2007 are as follows:
- Right Click on the Image and open with “Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2007”.
- Click on the Edit Picture ‘Resize’. Then click on the third Radio Button (Custom Width and Height)
- Two fields became active and you can put the required numeric size of the image.
- Just click on “Ok”
- The Image is resized in dimension as well as size.
- Now you can upload the Image successfully.
We hope this will resolve the issue.
7. If I had completed SSC CGL Application Form 2016 (Part-I & Part-II) and submitted but I didn’t saved my final registration page how can I reprint it?
Ans. After completing the registration process for SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination, the candidate will receive an auto generated mail from SSC. This mail will have the Registration number.
Just go to SSC official website and click on View/Print Application (Top Right Hand side of the Page). Click on that link and fill the mandatory fields. The application page with all the Information will be displayed.
Still confused on how to apply for SSC CGL 2016 Examination? Follow this procedure.
SSC CGL 2016: Step by Step Application Process
The eligible candidates can submit their application online. The process is completed in 2 sets of registration forms. Make sure you have all the necessary materials out or in front of you before you initiate the registration process.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card Details
- Scanned Copy of your Passport Sized Photograph
- Scanned Copy of your Signature
Follow these steps to complete the process of submitting the SSC CGL Form online.
- Begin with SSC CGL Registration Form Part I by clicking here.
- You will be directed to SSC Official Site, now proceed further.
- In this form, you enter all the basic details. Double-Check for any errors in dates or spellings. You don’t have to rush through the application.
- Click on “I agree” button after you find that information supplied by you requires no correction. Remember, no modification will be allowed after you complete this form.
- A registration number will be generated.
- Note down the registration number or take out the print out of the page. The first part is complete for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.
- The application procedure is incomplete without Part II of the Registration Process.
- The Part II requires all the details we mentioned before to keep in front of you, i.e. debit/ credit card details and scanned copes of photograph, signature.
- To begin Part II, click here.
- Enter the registration number from Point 5 and your date of birth here.
- Fill in all the necessary details. The process will remain incomplete if you fail to upload photograph, signature or pay online fees.
We sum up our SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination article here. Did we cover your particular query or not? If we didn’t, let us know in the comments section below.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2016. To excel in SSC CGL Examination, download the Best SSC CGL Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.