SSC CGL Notification 2018 Released: After months of delay, the Staff Selection Commission has officially released SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Recruitment Notification for this year. You can apply from 5th May to 4th June 2018.
SSC CGL Notification 2018 has clearly specified SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process. Scroll down to get updated.
SSC CGL Notification 2018
Before going any further, please keep in mind that the important dates to remember for SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment are as follows.
|Starting Date to Apply Online||5th May 2018|
|Last Date to Apply Online||4th June 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-I||25th July-20th August 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-II||27th to 30th November 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-III||To be notified later|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-IV||To be notified later|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Some of the essential points to read in this years’ SSC CGL Notification are as follows.
The age reckoning date has been kept for 01.08.2018 (1st August 2018) by the Staff Selection Commission.
|Name of the SSC Post||Age Limit|
|Statistical Investigator||up to 32 Years|
|Assistant Audit Officer in Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer in Department of Revenue||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant in Intelligence Bureau||21 to 27 Years|
|Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in Central Secretariat Service (CSS)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in National Investigation Agency (NIA)||up to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector Narcotics||18 to 25 Years|
|Tax Assistant in Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)||20 to 27 Years|
|Other Posts||18 to 27 Years|
The relaxation in the upper age limit has been applied according to government norms. They are as follows
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification: Similar to age limitation, the minimum educational qualification also varies with the post.
- For the Post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO), a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. It will be a desirable qualification for AAO Post if the candidate is a Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Economics.
- For the Post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute and at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For the Post of Compiler, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- For all the other Posts, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute
Note: Degree obtained from open Universities/Distance Education is allowed in this exam but, the university must be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
SSC CGL 2018 Application Process
A fulltime career in Government departments is something most aspirants live for. Yet again, Staff Selection Commission has come up with CGL 2018 vacancy which can help aspirants to fulfill their dream. For SSC Combined Graduate Level Post, the registration fee has been set for Rs. 100/- for General and OBC candidates. No fee for all Women Candidates/ SC / ST/ PH & Ex-Servicemen candidates eligible for reservation as per Govt. orders.
Follow these steps carefully to submit SSC CGL 2018 Application Form.
- Before applying, the candidates must have a valid e-mail as well as scanned copies of photograph and signature ready to go.
- Begin by Logging on the Official Website ssconline.nic.in or click on the below given image:
- Candidate should provide all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign. The filling of online application contains two parts: Registration Part (In case not registered earlier) and Application Part.
- Press “Click to apply” button & click on the new registration button. Make an ID by filling your Name, Father’s name, 10th class roll no. & date of birth and press enter after entering the captcha.
- A new window will appear where the candidates will have to fill basic information and submit the form. After that, a registration number & a password will be generated.
- A candidate can now proceed to fill online application with Registration ID and password provided in the one-time registration process.
- Upload your photograph and signature by clicking on upload photo/ signature.
- The application procedure is incomplete without application part. Application part requires filling of information about choice of centers, education qualification, post preference, making payment of examination fee, etc.
- Make sure to revisit all the entries before you click on “Submit” button. No Correction/ Modification will be allowed.
- After that candidates have to enter the payment details. To pay a fee in cash, candidates should take print-out of the challan generated online after completion of Application Part and deposit the requisite fee in a designated branch of State Bank of India and then continue within the stipulated date and time. Bank will generate MIS Report and send it to Commission. This process takes minimum 48 hours. After 48 hours the candidate may check their application status form by clicking on ‘Check your application status here’ option on the default page.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip that entering those fields.
- Fill all the details carefully & finish by submitting your application form.
- Now take a printout of online application for future use.