Last Minute Preparation Tips: After months of ambiguity, the Staff Selection Commission will commence SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination from 27 August onwards. The candidates will attempt the written examination online between 27 August to 9 September, depending on the date mentioned in their admit card.
Here is our point of view on how to go about attempting the online recruitment test in the form of SSC CGL Tier 1 Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016
One week before examination is always considered as the most important and stressful time for most aspirants. Multiple sources and study portals report a lot on how to attempt, what to do, the infamous Do’s and Don’ts etc. might be a lot of take for the average aspirant.
Keeping it simple and precise, in this post on SSC CGL Tier 1 Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016, we are going to share few essential points which primarily aims at improving the overall score in SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination.
Revise Topics Properly
You need to do this ASAP. No need to pick up a new topic. Just go about it in the following manner.
- Revise topics section-wise.
- Dedicate few hours to each section, beginning with General Awareness first (you probably would’ve forgotten most of it by now).
- Learn Direct Formulas and tables, squares, cubes, shortcut tricks etc. to reduce time allotted for calculation in Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- Go for the challenging ones and see if there is any scope for improvement.
- DO NOT pick up any new topic.
Follow a strict regime. You need discipline to complete your revision on time.
Final Practice Run: SSC CGL Tier 1 Mock Test
- Appear for an online mock test and ensure that you are moving ahead with the best exam strategy in mind.
- Implement your strategy in this mock test and analyze the score achieved.
- Focus on accuracy. Make sure that atleast 85% of the attempted questions are positively correct.
- Compare scores achieved in the mock test with previous year cutoff marks and see if you land in the ‘safe zone’.
- After detailed analysis of your performance, if your expected performance was not upto the mark, consider making tweaks in your strategy.
Keep Calm and Believe in Yourself
- You need a calm mind to score well in SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination. Stop stressing about the so called ‘expected difficulty level’ of the examination.
- If the difficulty level is tough, it will be everyone – not just you!
- So stay calm during the time of examination and try to perform at the best of your abilities.
On a side note – Make sure you get ample sleep in the last week as it will help in reducing your stress levels. And, as a final read, if you are having any doubts about your exam strategy, you can give ours a thorough read.
Due to the sudden drastic changes in the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, we do understand that a lot of SSC candidates must be nervous about attempting the examination online. Just be confident about your preparation level and stick to your own plan of action for attempting SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination – you will persevere!
All the Best to all of you and stay tuned for detailed exam analysis of SSC CGL Tier 1 Paper starting tomorrow. To excel in SSC CGL Examination, download the Best SSC CGL Exam Preparation App for free.