SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan: The Staff Selection Commission has successfully conducted the Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 examination process. SSC CGL Tier 1 examination process was completed till 11th September in different shifts at the pre-decided exam centres. A large number of candidates who have appeared for the exam are now anxiously waiting for the results.
The examination date for SSC CGL Tier 2 has been tentatively set for 30 November 2016 to 2 December 2016. Shortlisted candidates will appear for the next level i.e SSC CGL Tier 2, also known as SSC CGL Mains. Here in this article, we will formulate a proper SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan for the next 30 days. If you want to crack SSC CGL Mains, we suggest you to follow this SSC CGL Tier 2 plan with complete dedication.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
Before shifting to SSC CGL Tier 2 study plan, let us visit the official SSC CGL Tier 2 exam pattern. SSC CGL Mains exam pattern will help candidates to gain a useful insight into the structure of the examination.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Examination will consists of four papers in which two are mandatory and rest is post specific. The detailed Structure will be as follows:
|Name of the Paper||Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||120 minutes|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||120 minutes|
- Paper I and Paper II are mandatory for all the candidates who qualify in SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination.
- Paper III is mandatory for those who had applied for Compiler/Statistical investigator Post.
- Paper IV is mandatory for those candidates who had applied for Assistant Audit Officer Post. Assistant Audit Officer is the only Gazetted post under SSC CGL Recruitment 2016.
Let us know shift towards the nucleus of this article i.e SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan: How to Crack SSC Exam in 30 Days.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan: How to Crack SSC Exam in 30 Days
SSC CGL Tier 2 examination is approximately 30 days away. It is always better to utilize time in an optimized manner in order to get better results. SSC CGL Tier 2 Examination preparation depends upon English Language and Quantitative Aptitude section. There will be a huge difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 preparation. The level of questions in SSC CGL Tier 2 examination will be difficult in comparison to that of SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. Let us now try to formulate SSC CGL Tier 2 study plan according to the sections contained in SSC Mains examination.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan:Quantitative Ability
The major Quant topics with their blueprints that repeat frequently in SSC CGL Mains Examination are as follows:
- Geometry: 22-24 Questions
- Algebra: 12-14 Questions
- Trigonometry: 12-14 Questions
- Data Interpretation: 10-15 Questions
- Arithmetic: 36-40 Questions
These topics cover 50% of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Syllabus but carry approximately 75% of the Questions in SSC Mains Examination. Since you had already appeared for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam, you might have clarity on the topics and their concept involved.
Speed, command and accuracy over the topic are the three crucial elements to shine in this section. Spending a lot of your quality time to practice previous year’s solved papers will strengthen your chances of clearing SSC CGL Tier 2. Candidates should aim to attain minimum 80% accuracy of the total attempted. You should target for 170+ marks in this section to be in safer side.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan: English Language
In SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language paper, Grammar will be the point to focus on as it will cover 40-45% of the total questions in SSC CGL Tier 2 examination. Reading newspapers and regular vocabulary practice will help to get a lead in this section. The major English topics with their blueprints that repeat frequently in SSC CGL Mains Examination are as follows:
- Spotting the Error- 20 Questions
- Fill in the Blanks (Single/Dual)- 10 Questions
- Jumbled Paragraph- 20 Questions
- Voice: Active/Passive- 20 Questions
- Narration: Direct/Indirect Speech- 25 Questions
- Cloze Test- 25 Questions
- Comprehension- 30 Questions
- Sentence Improvements- 20 Questions
- Idioms/Phrases-10 Questions
- One Word Substitution- 10 Questions
- Antonym/Synonym/Spellings -10 Questions
At times, due to lack of practice candidates tend to leave some topics untouched. It is advisable not to do this and to invest time to practice English language section as it will help you to score more. Always read the sentence carefully and try to interpret its meaning. Divide the sentence into two parts and then combine them after correction by searching for connectives. If a question is taking much time to solve, leave it for the time being and attempt the next. A candidate should attempt 175+ questions in this section to be in safer side.
A candidate also needs to schedule a revision session as it is the most essential part of the entire SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan.
Crack SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam– Few Important Points
We hope this SSC CGL Tier 2 study plan proves beneficial for you. You can also follow these pointers to crack SSC CGL Mains Examination.
- You just have to give as many mock test as you can on daily basis.
- Analyze every mock test you appear for and see the improvements in terms of Time as well as accuracy. This will help you in getting a fair number of attempts that you can make in the real examination.
- SSC CGL Tier 2 score will be the key factor in the final selection. Hence, don’t focus on just clearing the cutoff, aim for higher.
We hope that this article on SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan will help you to formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the SSC CGL Mains Examination. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.