SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile, Pay Scale, Career Prospects: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) (10+2) recruitment exam every year. The SSC CHSL 2017 Tier I Examination will be conducted in the month of March. The last date to apply online and payment of fees both through online and offline mode is December 18, 2017. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
In order to keep you motivated for the exam, we have come up with this article focusing on SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile, Roles, and Responsibilities, Pay Scale, Career Prospects, Growth, Opportunities etc.
SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile
The SSC CHSL 2017 Notification has indicated the tentative number of vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks. For SSC CHSL 2017, 3000+ vacancies have been announced. Talking about SSC CHSL Sortal/ Postal Assistant job profile, there are a total number 2359 vacancies for the year 2017-18. As Postal/ Sortal assistants, you will be doing the daily routine work carried out in the post offices.
So before applying, one needs to know all the details relevant to this job. To help you to overcome all your fears and worries, we are going to discuss all the vital and primitive aspects regarding the SSC CHSL Assistant job profile, salary, and further career prospects.
SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile: How to Get Recruited
To get shortlisted for SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile, one has to clear various phases of examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. SSC CHSL Selection Procedure consists of a 3 tier process i.e. Tier I, Tier II and Tier III.
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.
- Those who will meet the minimum cut off requirement set by Staff Selection Commission will be called for round 2 i.e Tier II (Descriptive Paper).
- Only those SSC candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks in Tier I and Tier II will be called for Typing Test. Tier-III of the SSC CHSL Examination 2017 will be a Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile: Roles & Responsibilities
As postal/ sortal assistants, you will be doing the daily routine work carried out in the post offices. SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile comprises various posts like PAPO (Postal Assistant in Post Offices), PASBCO (Postal Assistant in Savings Bank Control Organization), PACO/RO (Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices), PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices), PAMMS (Postal Assistant in Mail Motor Services), PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization) and SARMS (Sorting Assistant in Railway Mail Service).
The nature of work depends upon SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile and the type of services allotted.
- Public Interaction: For the post of SSC CHSL Postal Assistants in post offices, one has to sit in the counter and help people in either speed post or other related works. Basically, Portal Assistant job includes direct interaction and dealing with the public.
- Monitoring File Work: If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in circle/ regional offices, he/she has to deal with the file work. Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices (PACO/RO) will not be dealing directly with the customers.
- Returned letter scheme execution: If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in returned letter offices, he/she has to deal with the emails which are left undelivered. PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices) has to make efforts to locate the address or send it back ton the sender.
- Dealing with foreign articles: If a candidate is shortlisted as PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization), he/she has to deal with the foreign articles transmission.
SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile: Salary/ Pay Scale
The basic pay scale for SSC CHSL Assistant lies in the range Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 along with the initial grade pay of Rs. 2,400. The salary for this post in a metro city will be around Rs 22,000- 24,000 in-hand depending upon various factors.
Now, let us move to a very crucial section of SSC CHSL Assistant job profile that will help you outline its career prospects.
SSC CHSL Assistant Job: Career Prospects
SSC CHSL Assistant will become eligible to appear in Postmaster Grade I examination after completion of 5 years of services. Similarly after completion of 5 more years of services, one can apply for Grade II and Grade III posts examination. With time and successful promotions, SSC CHSL Assistant may become Chief Postmaster (Grade A).
If SSC CHSL Assistant is not going to appear in any of the departmental promotional examinations, he/she will be automatically promoted to MACP I, II and III within 10, 20 and 30 years of services respectively.
We hope that this article gives you adequate information and aids in guiding you through the basic features of SSC CHSL Assistant Job Profile. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL). To excel in SSC CHSL Examination, download the Best SSC CHSL Exam Preparation App for free.