SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS: Every year, Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CHSL recruitment exams for various posts like LDC, DEO, Assistant and Court Clerks. To get selected for various posts, candidates need to undergo a selection process which varies from post to post.
In this article, we will throw light on SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS in terms of job profile, Salary and Career prospects.
SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS: Job Profile Comparison
Once the candidates qualify the written examination, he /she is supposed to appear further phases. If they get selected in the further rounds, then they are assigned their chosen field of interest. Here we will give you complete details of SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS in terms of job profile.
Now, let us try to get an insight into the duties of an SSC CHSL and know what he/she is supposed to do.
SSC CHSL Job Profile
Staff Selection Commission holds Combined Higher Secondary Level recruitment examination to recruit candidates for various posts like DEO, LDC, Assistant and Court Clerks. We will be discussing the work and responsibilities of SSC CHSL profile in the pointers given below:
SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk
- SSC CHSL LDC is an entry level post. SSC CHSL LDC is expected to take care of basic and daily office work so as to maintain the flow of work in the office.
- SSC CHSL LDC is hired to maintain data, office files, documents etc. with the highest efficiency.
- LDC’s are supposed to get important files and documents for their seniors and get all the documents back to the senior on time.
- SSC CHSL LDC has to make salary slips of the staff and seniors working in various departments.
SSC CHSL Data Entry Operator
- SSC CHSL DEO may write letters and do work related to SSC CHSL LDC in their absence at the office.The work of LDC is to fetch data from the library of information and serve them to the officer on time.
- SSC CHSL DEO scans through all the necessary information, tables and the structure of the company and mix them together to prepare a proper database for the company in a detailed way.
- From the details of the company to its products, clients and sales reports, SSC CHSL DEO maintains all the necessary records.
- SSC CHSL DEO is responsible for typing all important data through the computer and feed it into the company’s database.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Assistant
- For the post of SSC CHSL Postal Assistants in post offices, one has to sit in the counter and help people in either speed post or other related works. Basically Portal Assistant job includes direct interaction and dealing with the public.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in circle/ regional offices, he/she has to deal with the file work. Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices (PACO/RO) will not be dealing directly with the customers.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in returned letter offices, he/she has to deal with the mails which are left undelivered. PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices) has to make efforts to locate the address or send it back ton the sender.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization), he/she has to deal with the foreign articles transmission.
SSC MTS Job Profile
Staff Selection Commission holds Multitasking staff examination to recruit candidates for various posts like posts of Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali etc.
- Office Cleanliness and keeping up of the sectional unit
- Photocopies and sending FAXs and etc.
- Watchman or ward duties.
- Opening & Closing rooms.
- Cleaning of Building and xtures.
- Driving of Vehicles in case if you have a Driving license.
- Posts delivering
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- Paper and less carrying to the several related departments.
- Work related to the qualications in case if you hold an ITI diploma or related.
- Helping in daily office work, including diary, dispatch & computer replacements.
- All work assigned by the superior authority that fall under his criteria.
After knowing detailed work structure, roles and responsibilities, its time to move ahead to the round 2 i.e Salary Comparison.
SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS: Salary Comparison
The basic pay scale for any SSC CHSL post lies in the range Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 along with the initial grade pay in the range of Rs 1,900 – Rs. 2,400. The salary SSC CHSL post in a metro city will be around Rs 22,000- 24,000 in-hand depending upon various factors.
Preparing for SSC CHSL?? Try our recommended products
SSC MTS Pay Scale
The Staff Selection Commission is making recruitment to the posts of Multi Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1( 5200- 20200/-) + Grade Pay 1800/- (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level.
After knowing the pay scale, let’s move to the Career prospects
SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS: Career Prospects
If one works hard with full dedication and commitment in this job, there are ample opportunities and prospects that are waiting to help you grow and evolve and eventually have a bright future. Here we will provide you complete information on SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS in terms of Career prospects.
SSC CHSL Career Prospects
For candidates’ ease, we will first divide SSC CHSL posts into sub categories and then elaborate the career prospects of each. Let us start with SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk.
SSC CHSL LDC
SSC CHSL LDC Job profile is the starting level clerical position in Central Government Ministries and Departments. The next level of positions available during the career are:
- Assistant/ Upper Divisional Clerk
- Division Clerk
- Section Officer
The promotions chances for SSC CHSL LDC job profile depends upon various factors like departmental promotions, experience, category etc.
SSC CHSL DEO
SSC CHSL DEO, after promotion may have chance to become-
- Console Operator
- Senior Console Operator
- Data Processor
- Senior Data Processor
- Data Managers
The promotions chances for SSC CHSL DEO job profile depends upon various factors like departmental promotions, experience, category etc.
SSC CHSL Assistant
SSC CHSL Assistant will become eligible to appear in Postmaster Grade I examination after completion of 5 years of services. Similarly after completion of 5 more years of services, one can apply for Grade II and Grade III posts examination. With time and successful promotions, SSC CHSL Assistant may become Chief Postmaster (Grade A).
If SSC CHSL Assistant is not going to appear in any of the departmental promotional examinations, he/ she will be automatically promoted to MACP I, II and III within 10, 20 and 30 years of services respectively.
SSC MTS Career Prospects
Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) employees are the Group C central government employees that are hired through special SSC exam. The MTS Employees are very important part of the bureaucracy, especially when it comes to performing the daily operations of different departments. MTS Employees are hired in CCAS cadre (Central Civil Accounts Service) of the Group C and are offered promotions within this group on the basis of seniority.
Preparing for SSC MTS?? Try our recommended mock test series to gain good score in your upcoming exam.
We hope the above mentioned mock test papers help you kickstart your exam preparation for SSC MTS Recruitment Examination. Incase you are absolutely new to this, we recommend you to go through the exam pattern first.
Here we conclude our article on SSC CHSL vs SSC MTS: Job Profile, Salary, Career Prospects. Till then, Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment 2016. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.