How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language Section 2017: The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the written exam for SSC SI/ ASI Recruitment from 30th June to 7th July. Candidates develop ample of questions in their minds when it comes to exam preparation.
To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare SSC CPO English Language Section. But first, let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2017
The Tier 1 Paper for SSC CPO 2017 Examination will be Online Computer-based Test (CBT). Unlike most recruitment exams, the written paper will consist of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark. There will be 4 sections in total.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
The total time to solve the paper will be 120 minutes. So, there will be an overwhelming number of questions to attempt in a very limited time space.
How to Prepare for SSC CPO English Language Section 2017
Most SSC candidates are able to secure good marks in this section but there is a significant number which find SSC CPO English Language Section confusing. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Completion
- Wrongly Spelt Words
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Spotting Error
SSC CPO English Language: Tips & Tricks
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for preparing English for staff selection commission:
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules, after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- Revise sample papers and Previous year Exams. This will help you to gain an insight into the pattern.
- Give mock tests regularly: Mock test helps in a way that a candidate gets prepared better for the upcoming exam.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from the newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC CPO English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC CPO English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Also, read each Question Twice in order to understand it correctly with no scope of mistake in interpretation of meaning.
Here are some of the best practice papers for SSC CPO Paper-I Exam Preparation.
We hope all these preparation tips will prove beneficial for the upcoming SSC CPO Examination. If there any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section below.