SSC CPO Notification 2017 Released: The Staff Selection Commission has published an official notification informing interested candidates regarding an All India Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the posts of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF.
SSC CPO Notification has clearly specified SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Pay Scale and How to Apply for SSC CPO 2017. Read this article carefully and understand all you need to know about Central Police Organization Vacancy 2017.
SSC CPO Notification 2017: Complete Information & Insights
The applicants will get recruitment based on their performance in written test, PET, PST & Medical test. The applicants are advised to go through complete notification before they apply for the examination.
Let us now scan the whole SSC CPO notification 2017 by elaborating its important pointers. Starting with important dates, we have:
|Online Registration Begins||April 22, 2017|
|Closing Date for receipt of application||May 15, 2017 by 5:00 P.M.|
|SSC CPO Exam Date|| Paper-I: 30 June 2017 to 07 July 2017
Paper-II: 08 October 2017
Staff Selection Commission will be holding SSC CPO exam to recruit aspirants for various posts like:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
SSC CPO Notification 2017: Pay Scale of Various Posts
Given below is the pay scale of various posts mentioned under SSC CPO 2017 notification. The details of which are as under:
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces): The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
Sub Inspector (Executive)-(Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: The post carries pay scale of Level-5 (Rs.29200-92300) and is classified as Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted)
SSC CPO Notification 2017: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC CPO 2017 Examination has been clearly specified in the Exam Notification published by Staff Selection Commission recently.
Each SSC aspirant must go through all the important details before applying online.
The age limit set for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police & CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF is 20-25 years.
The crucial date of age-limit is reckoned with reference to 01-01-2017. Candidate should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate only, will be accepted by the Commission for determining the Age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Candidates must have graduation degree from any recognized Board/ University. Other important details are as under:
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess and also carry a valid Driving License for LMV (Motor cycle and Car) as on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motor Cycle and Car) can apply for all other CAPFs posts.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degree/diploma/certificates including technical education degree/diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 01-01-2017 will not be eligible and need not apply.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission will be required to produce all relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/ Provisional Certificate/ Certificate of Graduation as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2017 failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the educational qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required educational qualification.
If you are eligible for SSC CPO 2017, move towards the next section and understand how to get recruited.
SSC CPO Notification 2017: Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Paper-I & Paper-II of the examination only. Physical endurance test will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/elimination nature. All the candidates who qualify in the PET will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. This means that the aspirants will get the selection by the following process:
- Written examination (Paper-I & Paper-II)
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Examination Test
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board.
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the options exercised by them.
This is all for SSC CPO Notification 2017. Our next will outline precise information regarding How to Apply for SSC CPO 2017 Recruitment.
Till then, stay connected for more information regarding SSC CPO Recruitment 2017.