SSC GD Constable 2018, Section-Wise Preparation Strategy: SSC has released the notification for the recruitment of the SSC GD Constable in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018. This is a golden opportunity for those candidates who are looking for a job in this field because the tentative vacancies intimated so far is 54,953. The final result along with force allocation will be declared by the Commission based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination. Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Detailed Medical Examination will be of qualifying nature.
Here in this article, we will formulate a proper SSC GD Constable Exam Strategy. If you want to crack SSC GD Constable, we suggest you follow this SSC GD Constable Exam Strategy (Section-wise) complete dedication. Let us discuss the exam pattern first.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
The SSC GD Constable recruitment exam comprises of three levels i.e. Written Exam, PET and Medical Test. All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE). The Computer-based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/ Time Allowed|
|Part-A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part-B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Note: All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The computer-based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
SSC GD Constable 2018: Section-Wise Preparation Strategy
Before starting preparing for the examination, it is important to know the way to prepare for it. These tips not only show the way to success but also guide you on the right path. The tips & tricks provided here are surely going to help candidates in qualifying the exam.
- It is very important to have a proper plan for each and every section as you are going to spend specific allotted time on each section.
- You can easily do GA and English, but you have to save at least 40 minutes for Quant so, now it becomes important to utilize that time properly and score well in all subject as well.
- While attempting the exam first target the topic in which you are strong and confident.
- If you stuck in any question, don’t waste time on that, move to the next one and then if at last, you left with time to review that particular question.
- Time plays an important role in the competitive exam so, it is important that you should be in the habit of doing small calculations and some topics of reasoning and Quant should in mind only.
All the above points are very important from exam point of view. But first and foremost thing that you need to concentrate on is “PRACTICE”.
The reason why the majority of students fail in the examination is that they couldn’t manage to seek the minimum cut off in a section, no matter they may score very good in other sections. You need to understand here that if your section A is weak and section B is strong, lay your focus mainly on section A so that at least you clear the sectional cutoff easily. Generally, this problem is majorly seen in General Awareness. The first section of our analysis is General Awareness
Strategy For General Awareness
- This section you have to attempt first. Try to finish it in 5-8 minutes. Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s awareness of things happening around him in the environment and its application to society.
- Understanding Science is very important for any examination of SSC, as it is the backbone of every subject. It is very often questions from Science is asked, so it is very important to focus on science Part. Also, concentrate on Indian History, Indian Geography, and Polity.
- The Miscellaneous Section may contain various topics like Current affairs, Computer Knowledge, Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Persons and Places in News, Government Schemes, Abbreviations, etc.
Try to cover the jest of Indian History (Medieval and Modern), Indian Geography (Physical), Terms and Theories of Economy, Polity and Basics of Constitution.
Read from Various Sources:
- You can refer Lucent for science and Polity.
- For history and geography, you may refer NCERT.
- Refer OnlineTyari youtube channel for Current affairs and History Videos.
Strategy For English/Hindi Language
- This section you have to attempt after GA/ GK. This section will hardly take 10 minutes. This is the most dynamic section we have seen so far. Many students keep asking that how they can score high in this section.
- English/ Hindi is not a subject but a Language and one needs proper time in order to get used to a Language. For this, there are two ways either you are good with grammar rules or you must have good vocab. Vocab skills you can improve it by the daily reading relevant thing as well as master yourself in grammar.
- Building a good knowledge of vocabulary is in one’s hands. You need to implement the new words learned to increase your vocabulary, otherwise just learning words and not using them will suffice to broaden your vocabulary.
- For Grammar, you can learn rules and practice it chapters-wise first. then you can check your grasping power in the daily Mock test.
Read from Sources:
- MB Publication for One word and Idiom & Phrases.
- SP Bakshi for Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Plinth to paramount for Grammar
Strategy For Reasoning Ability
- This section you have to attempt after English. SSC GD Reasoning section should be finished in not more than 20- 30 minutes, One’s presence of mind is more than sufficient to solve these problems. One can score well in Reasoning by having a proper SSC GD Study Plan resulting in achieving the overall cut-off for the exam.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day. Daily mocks and Previous year paper is more than enough for reasoning section.
Read from Sources:
Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude
- Try to solve this section at the end. Save enough time like 40 min for this section. You should be able to attempt 17-18 questions for which you understand the complete logic then move to the other questions.
- Use tips tricks or direct formulas that can be used to conclude the answer.
- Dedicate time to each topic one by one and keep switching questions as well so that you don’t waste much time on a particular question if you got stuck with a difficult one.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Stay calm and composed at all times and don’t panic. It will only make matters worse for you. Solve easier questions first, in this way you will handle Pressure easily. Always study with a positive attitude which will help you to retain and recall all that you have learned over the period of time.
Read from Sources:
Here we conclude our article on SSC GD Constable 2018: Section-Wise Preparation Strategy. Stay tuned for the latest updates on SSC GD Constable Exam 2018.