SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL: Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the GD Constable exam to recruit the (General Duty) Constables in CRPF, CISF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles.
Similarly, the commission takes responsibility of holding SSC CHSL recruitment exams for various posts like LDC, DEO, Assistant and Court Clerks. To get selected for various posts, candidates need to undergo a selection process which varies from post to post.
In this article, we will throw light on the difference between SSC GD Constable & SSC CHSL in terms of job profile, Salary and Career prospects.
SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL: Job Profile Comparison
Once the candidates qualify the written examination, he /she is supposed to appear further phases. If they get selected in the further rounds, then they are assigned their chosen field of interest.
Now, let us try to get an insight into the duties of an SSC GD Constable and know what he/she is supposed to do.
SSC GD Constable Job Profile
The roles and responsibilities allotted to SSC GD Constable are as follows:
- SSC GD Constable acts as SHO in the absence of Sub-Inspector and Asst. Sub-Inspector.
- He/ She is authorized to hold inquests and make investigation when asked by the Sub Inspector to do so.
- SSC GD Constable is recruited to perform official duties allotted by SHO.
- He/ she will be in charge of guard or escort when deputed.
Head Constables are mainly employed to be in charge of general duty in police stations, as station writer, as officer in charge of out post and guards, armed reserves, in charge of beat areas in rural and town police stations.
SSC CHSL Job Profile
Staff Selection Commission holds Combined Higher Secondary Level recruitment examination to recruit candidates for various posts like DEO, LDC, Assistant and Court Clerks. We will be discussing the work and responsibilities of SSC CHSL profile in the pointers given below:
SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk
- SSC CHSL LDC is an entry level post. SSC CHSL LDC is expected to take care of basic and daily office work so as to maintain the flow of work in the office.
- SSC CHSL LDC is hired to maintain data, office files, documents etc. with the highest efficiency.
- LDC’s are supposed to get important files and documents for their seniors and get all the documents back to the senior on time.
- SSC CHSL LDC has to make salary slips of the staff and seniors working in various departments.
SSC CHSL Data Entry Operator
- SSC CHSL DEO may write letters and do work related to SSC CHSL LDC in their absence at the office.The work of LDC is to fetch data from the library of information and serve them to the officer on time.
- SSC CHSL DEO scans through all the necessary information, tables and the structure of the company and mix them together to prepare a proper database for the company in a detailed way.
- From the details of the company to its products, clients and sales reports, SSC CHSL DEO maintains all the necessary records.
- SSC CHSL DEO is responsible for typing all important data through the computer and feed it into the company’s database.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Assistant
- For the post of SSC CHSL Postal Assistants in post offices, one has to sit in the counter and help people in either speed post or other related works. Basically Portal Assistant job includes direct interaction and dealing with the public.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in circle/ regional offices, he/she has to deal with the file work. Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices (PACO/RO) will not be dealing directly with the customers.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in returned letter offices, he/she has to deal with the mails which are left undelivered. PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices) has to make efforts to locate the address or send it back ton the sender.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization), he/she has to deal with the foreign articles transmission.
After knowing detailed work structure, roles and responsibilities, its time to move ahead to the round 2 i.e Salary Comparison.
SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL: Salary Comparison
The basic pay scale for any SSC CHSL post lies in the range Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 along with the initial grade pay in the range of Rs 1,900 – Rs. 2,400. The salary SSC CHSL post in a metro city will be around Rs 22,000- 24,000 in-hand depending upon various factors.
Coming to SSC GD Constable, the basic pay scale for this post is same as of SSC CHSL, i.e in between Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 range along with the different initial grade pay of Rs. 2,000.
SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL: Career Prospects
If one works hard with full dedication and commitment in this job, there are ample opportunities and prospects that are waiting to help you grow and evolve and eventually have a bright future.
SSC CHSL Career Prospects
For candidates’ ease, we will first divide SSC CHSL posts into sub categories and then elaborate the career prospects of each. Let us start with SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk.
SSC CHSL LDC
SSC CHSL LDC Job profile is the starting level clerical position in Central Government Ministries and Departments. The next level of positions available during the career are:
- Assistant/ Upper Divisional Clerk
- Division Clerk
- Section Officer
The promotions chances for SSC CHSL LDC job profile depends upon various factors like departmental promotions, experience, category etc.
SSC CHSL DEO
SSC CHSL DEO, after promotion may have chance to become-
- Console Operator
- Senior Console Operator
- Data Processor
- Senior Data Processor
- Data Managers
The promotions chances for SSC CHSL DEO job profile depends upon various factors like departmental promotions, experience, category etc.
SSC CHSL Assistant
SSC CHSL Assistant will become eligible to appear in Postmaster Grade I examination after completion of 5 years of services. Similarly after completion of 5 more years of services, one can apply for Grade II and Grade III posts examination. With time and successful promotions, SSC CHSL Assistant may become Chief Postmaster (Grade A).
If SSC CHSL Assistant is not going to appear in any of the departmental promotional examinations, he/ she will be automatically promoted to MACP I, II and III within 10, 20 and 30 years of services respectively.
SSC GD Constable Career Prospects
The next level of positions available during SSC GD Constable’s career are:
- Senior Police Constable
- Head Police Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
So, here we are summing up article on SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL: Job Profile, Salary, Career Prospects. If there are any further queries regarding SSC GD Constable vs SSC CHSL, please mention in the comment section below.
Stay connected for more information SSC Recruitment examinations. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the SSC Exam Preparation App for free.