SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2017: SSC has officially commenced the online application process for the recruitment of Junior Engineering in various government institutes.The SSC JE 2017 Examination will be conducted in the month of January. The Last date to submit the SSC JE Application Form is 17 November 2017.
SSC has come up with the SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus as well. In this article, we will cover all the relevant information regarding the SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2017.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering
SSC Junior Engineer is a Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted Post. As per SSC JE Notification, the following posts have been offered under SSC JE Exam this year.
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Exam will comprise 2 papers. Candidates appearing for Paper-I will have to appear for Computer Based Test (CBT). However, the Paper-II will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode (Written Examination).
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Exam Pattern for Paper I
The Paper I of SSC JE 2017 consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The mode of examination will be online (CBT). The total time duration of the paper is 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. All those who qualify Paper I will move to Paper II.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Exam Pattern for Paper II
The Paper II of SSC JE 2017 consists of conventional type questions carrying a total of 300 marks. The entire paper will consist questions related to the field of mechanical engineering. Total time duration of the paper is 2 hours.
Those who are able to qualify both the papers of SSC JE recruitment exam will be shortlisted for the merit list. Now. let’s shift our focus to the SSC JE Mechanical Engineering syllabus for the written examination.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2017
SSC JE Exam is only a few weeks away. So, you must start preparing for SSC JE immediately. Hence, here we have provided the entire SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus for both the papers of SSC JE exam 2017.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus for General Intelligence
The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. The test will also include questions to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus for General Awareness
Questions will test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus for General Engineering (Paper I and II)
The SSC JE Mechanical engineering Syllabus for general engineering for both the papers is given below:
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design: Concept of simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels and fluctuation of energy, Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears – Type of gears, gear profile and gear ratio calculation, Governors – Principles and classification, Riveted joint, Cams, Bearings, Friction in collars and pivots.
- Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Materials: Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit and elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars, Torsion of circular shafts, Bucking of columns – Euler’s and Rankin’s theories, Thin walled pressure vessels.
- Thermal Engineering: Properties of Pure Substances P-V & P-T diagrams of pure substance like H2O, Introduction of the steam table with respect to steam generation process; definition of saturation, wet & superheated status. Definition of dryness fraction of steam, Degree of superheat of steam. H-S chart of steam (Mollier Chart).
- Properties & Classification of Fluid: Ideal & real fluids, Newton’s law of viscosity, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids, compressible and incompressible fluids.
- Fluid Statics: Pressure at a point. Measurement of Fluid
- Pressure: Manometers, U-tube, Inclined tube.
- Fluid Kinematics: Streamline, laminar & turbulent flow, external & internal flow, continuity equation.
- Dynamics of Ideal Fluids: Bernoulli’s equation, Total head, Velocity head, Pressure head, Application of Bernoulli’s equitation.
- Centrifugal Pumps: Classifications, Principles, Performance.
- Production Engineering Classification of Steels: mild steal & alloy steel, Heat treatment of steel, Welding – Arc Welding, Gas Welding, Resistance Welding, Special Welding Techniques i.e. TIG, MIG, etc. (Brazing & Soldering), Welding Defects & Testing; NDT, Foundry & Casting – methods, defects, different casting processes.
We hope this article helps you in providing all the information related to SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2017. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.