SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile, Salary, Career Prospects: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Junior Engineer recruitment exam every year. This year, SSC JE 2017 Examination will be conducted in the month of January.
In order to keep you motivated for the exam, we have come up with this article focusing on SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile, Roles and Responsibilities, Pay Scale, Career Prospects, Growth, Opportunities etc.
SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile
SSC conducts annual exam to recruit Junior Engineers in the departments like-
- Central Water Commission
- Central Public Works Department
- Military Engineering Services
- Department of Posts
These posts are classified under the ‘Group B non-gazetted category’ of the Central Government. Junior Engineers are responsible for their active participation in planning, designing and other works in their respective areas of specialization.
The job of Junior Engineers is quite challenging and extensive. So, before applying one need to know all the details relevant to this job. So, to help you to overcome all your fears and worries, we are going to discuss about all the vital and primitive aspects regarding the SSC Junior Engineer job profile, salary and further career prospects.
SSC Junior Engineer: How to get Recruited?
Candidates applying for SSC JE 2017 will be selected on the basis of their performance in written examination. The written exam will consist of two papers i.e.-
- Paper I will comprise of Objective type questions.
- Paper II will have Conventional type questions.
The final merit list will be made according to the performance of candidates in both the papers of the written examination of SSC JE 2017.
SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile: Roles & Responsibilities
A newly recruited Junior Engineer will be given charge of a section in one of the departments mentioned above. He or she will be responsible for various functions carried out by the section. It starts from taking stock of daily work done by the laborers to making plans for the next day regarding allotment of work, supervising etc. The various functions under SSC Junior Engineer job profile are:
- Supervision of Work: In the initial days, Junior Engineers will have to ensure supervision of work. This is the main function of an engineer as this provides the best opportunity to understand the functions of an organization.
- Planning: Junior Engineers will start from a small level by making plans and estimates from a repair or renovation work. Then, he/ she will need to make exhaustive planning for flagship activities caried out by his or her section.
- Accounts: A junior engineer is responsible for maintaining the stock of his or her section efficiently. Along with this, they have to pass bills for work done by the contractor or for any expenditure incurred by the section.
- Scheme Execution: In the organisations of the junior engineers, there are various government schemes which require execution. Junior Engineers need to ensure smooth flow of work related to these schemes.
- Assisting Superiors: A junior engineer is the boss of his or her section and therefore, he/ she will have ultimate opportunity of briefing up about their sections. If his or her section is dealing with an important project, he or she has to report to the higher authority on a daily basis.
SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile: Salary
The basic pay scale for SSC Junior Engineer lies in the range Rs. 9,300 – Rs. 34,800 along with the initial grade pay of Rs. 4,200. They are also entitled to major set of perks and allowances such as
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- Medical Allowance
Hence, with the added perks and bonus packages, the salary of SSC Junior Engineer is quite attractive. Now, let us move to a very crucial section of SSC Junior Engineer job profile that will help you outline its career prospects.
SSC Junior Engineer Career Prospects
The growth opportunities for SSC Junior Engineers are decent and can be quite beneficial if you follow your responsibilities rigorously. SSC Junior Engineers get the following promotions:
- Senior Section Engineer
- Executive Engineer
The junior engineers also get to write various departmental exams and get promotion to higher ranks accordingly.
Thus, we can conclude that SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile is quite desirable for all those aspiring to have a secured and comfortable style of living and working under different departments of the government of India.
We hope that this article gives you adequate information and aids in guiding you through the basic features about the SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC JE Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.