SSC MTS Exam 2017: Staff Selection Commission will conduct a competitive examination for recruitment of the candidates for the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices, in different States/ Union Territories.
This is a golden opportunity for the candidates looking for government jobs. Today we will give you tips & tricks on how to prepare for your SSC MTS Exam. Also, we will talk about the important topics which will help you maximize your score line.
How to Prepare for SSC MTS Exam 2017
As you know, SSC MTS Paper 2017 will be an OMR based Objective Paper of 150 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode. The duration of the paper would be for two hours. Here we will discuss section-wise Important pointers which will help you score good marks.
Before we move to the important topics, here is our complete package for SSC MTS Exam Preparation. Click on the link below to explore:
We hope the above mentioned mock test papers help you kickstart your exam preparation for SSC MTS Recruitment Examination. Incase you are absolutely new to this, we recommend you to go through the exam pattern first.
SSC MTS Exam: General Science
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‘s general awareness of the environment around him/ her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
This is the complete syllabus for SSC MTS General Science. Here we are giving you some important topic out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
Major portion will include Static Affairs:
- Books & Authors
- Some subject based question related to indian history, polity and geography
- Other questions will include current affairs
Now you are clear with the important topics, lets move to the tips & tricks to prepare for General science.
SSC MTS General Science: Tips & Tricks
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC MTS as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and their difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
SSC MTS Exam: English
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
This is the complete syllabus for SSC MTS English. Here we are giving you some important topic out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
Major Portion include Grammar:
- Spottting error
- Error detection
- Cloze passage
- Reading comprehension
SSC MTS Exam 2017 English: Tips & Tricks
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- For smart preparation of SSC MTS Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- English Section in SSC MTS specially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
SSC MTS Exam: Reasoning Ability
It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. Also, The test will include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
This is the complete syllabus for SSC MTS Reasoning Ability. Here we are giving you some important topic out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
Major portion will include Visual Reasoning:
- Mirror images
- Embedded images
- Figure mtrics
- Figure patterns
- Other questions will include usual reasoning
SSC MTS 2017 Reasoning Tips & Tricks
- Do not waste time on a single question. Leave the question which you are not able to solve. Meanwhile try to attempt other questions to save time and score more.
- You can tear a small piece of paper and apply given theory while solving either Folding paper or Mirror formation type questions.
- Try to practice and focus more on our upper given table on expected list of questions from each topic in SSC MTS Reasoning 2016.
- Try to start with your favourite topic and attempt easier questions first.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
SSC MTS Exam: Quantitative Aptitude
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
This is the complete syllabus for SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude. Here we are giving you some important topic out of these which will surely help you maximize your score.
Major Portion will include Arithmetic based
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- S.I C.I.
- Other portion will include angles, volume surface area and trigonometry
SSC MTS Exam Quantitative Aptitude: Tips & Tricks
- Time Management As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of any competitive exams. Therefore, you do not have much time to spend on calculations. For doing fast calculations, you should remember tables, square, cubes and square roots.
- When you start your preparation, do not try to solve questions by shortcut methods. You should memorize all the basic theories and formulas of all the chapters. If your basics are not clear, you may not be able to solve questions.
- Make a concise version of your class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been emphasized in your classes, textbooks and course syllabus.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least three hours for Quant practice on daily basis.
Candidates who will be appearing for SSC MTS can go through the above How to prepare for SSC MTS Exam 2017.