SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Exam 2016: The Staff Selection Commission has released an official notification for the recruitment of Stenographers of Grade C and Grade D Category. The selection process of personnel for the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’(Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted) will be based on the performance in the Written Examination followed by the Skill Test.
Note: According to SSC Notification, the Last Date for submission of online application form is 3 June 2016.
For SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2016, these are the dates to remember for various essential events.
|Event||Important Dates to Remember|
|Last Date of Submitting Application Form||3 June 2016|
|Date of Examination||31 July 2016|
|Announcement of Result||In the month of September 2016|
Let us move ahead and talk about SSC Stenographer Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Steps to Apply for Written Examination.
SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Vacancy 2016
According to SSC Notification, there are 1064 vacancies for the post of SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D. The Post-Wise Breakup of vacancy is as follows.
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’ – 50 vacancies
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’ – 1014 vacancies
There is considerable number of job vacancy for Stenographer. Just understand the eligibility criteria and dive-in the selection procedure for Stenographers.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2016
An aspirant must fulfill the basic criteria for moving forward in the application process. The major points for SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria are as follows.
The candidates’ age should be between 18-27 years as on 1 August 2016. The Age relaxation on the Upper Limit has been set as per government rules, regulations and norms.
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
- J&K Domicile: 5 Years
- Ex-Servicemen: Actual period of service rendered in Defense Services + 3 Years
- Widows, Divorced Women Judicially Separated: 9 Years
- Existing Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies: 8 Years
The relaxation will only be applicable if the aspirant has the right credentials/ certificates/ documents for the same.
The applicant must have qualified 12th Class or equivalent Qualification from a Recognized Central Board of Secondary Education. You need to produce relevant documents for the same.
Do you satisfy the eligibility criteria? Move on to the next section, which is, how to get selected for the post of SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2016.
SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure 2016
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination followed by the Skill test. The Written Paper will be objective MCQ based. The written exam will be divided into three parts as follows.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 marks
- English Language – 100 marks
Question paper for part I and II will be set both in English and Hindi while the part-III will be in Hindi only.
SSC Stenographer 2016: How to Apply
The application process for SSC Stenographer is online. The application fee is non-refundable and must be paid through online mode only using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Net Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards or Mobile Wallets. The application fee for UIIC AO is
- Rs 100/- for General Category
- NO FEE is to be paid by SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-Servicemen and women candidates.
Please keep in mind that the last date for submitting online application has been set for 3 June 2016. Make sure you have all the necessary materials out or in front of you before you initiate the registration process.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card Details
- Scanned Copy of your Passport Sized Photograph
- Scanned Copy of your Signature
Follow these steps to submit SSC Stenographer Application Form 2016.
- Visit SSC Official Website: ssconline.nic.in/ssc
- Select New Registration and enter all the basic details.
- Enter all the Basic Information in SSC Application Form Part 1.
- A Registration ID will be provided after completion of Part 1.
- Use that to Enter Part 2 and pay fee online.
- Upload Photograph and Signature and ensure that you have read all the details before clicking on Submit.
- Take a Print for Future Reference.
We conclude our article on SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2016. For candidates who have already started preparing for the recruitment examination, we recommend the following study material.
In this eBook, you get access to Previous Years Papers and Essential Questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Every Day Science and English Language and Comprehension
Stay Connected and let us know you doubts and queries in the comments section below.
You can put in your doubts and queries in the section below. For better response, post your Queries at OnlineTyari Community.