How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer English Language Section: Previously, The Staff Selection Commission released a notification to fill SSC Stenographer recruitment 2017. Many candidates who were looking for govt. Jobs in Stenography sector submitted their application.
In order to secure good marks in examination, we are providing some useful tips on how to Prepare for SSC Stenographer English Language Section. Also, we will be providing important pointers about the Exam first.
SSC will conduct the said examination within a few months. Lets us now see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner. In a midway, we will also elaborate SSC Stenographer English important topics for the upcoming examination.
How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer English Language
English Language is considered as one of the most important sections of the Competition Exams but it is also considered as the most scoring section. Scoring in this section is not as easy as you really need to do hard preparation. The details of the computer-based test are mentioned below:
|Name of Paper||No. of Question||Marks|
|Part I:General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part II: General Awareness||50||50|
|Part III: English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the CBT as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test.
To excel in English Language Section, a candidate needs to have a clear understanding of the concepts and proper exam strategy. To help you secure good marks, we have mentioned some important preparation tips for SSC Stenographer English language below:
- Rather than cramming facts, now the commission is focusing on the application, observation, and utilization of knowledge. The main viewpoint behind this step is that individuals who do not belong to this stream can also imply these basics in the day to day life.
- Aspirants can refer to NCERT books for clarity on concepts. NCERT books have always been the best guide for beginners to clarify their concepts and basics.
- Time management should be the primary concern for the candidates. Hence, a candidate must solve various English mock tests in a particular time frame to increase speed and accuracy.Here, have also uploaded important topics for English Language SSC Steno paper. Let us discuss these topics along with their preparation technique.
Topic You should Prepare:
- Verb & Adverb.
- Error Correction.
- Synonyms /opposite word.
- Verb Agreement.
- Word Formation.
- Theme detection.
- Passage Completion.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Completion.
- Unseen Passages.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
Here we are providing some essential pointers for preparing English for staff selection commission:
1. First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
2. For the smart preparation of SSC Stenographer Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
3. English Section in SSC Stenographer judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English Read Newspapers (The Hindu and Economic Times) and Books on Grammar.
4. You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you build your own lexicon of essential words.
5. Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC Stenographer English Language Section.
6. It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
7. Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC Stenographer English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
8. Try to maintain subject notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
9. As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by Practicing Mock Test and Assessments.
10. Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC Stenographer, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the SSC Stenographer English Language section. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming SSC Stenographer Exam 2017.